News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Re:If golf grass could speak?!
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 01:33:57 PM »
I learned that saying from our star center on the college basketball team, who was a country boy from the outskirts of Sacramento.  He once said "hungry dogs run faster" because he thought you should eat a light meal before a game. ...

In Montana, where there may be more horses than dogs, my high school basketball coach used to feed us a light meal before a game and tell us "hungry horses run harder."

"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

RJ_Daley

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2008, 03:10:38 PM »
faster means slower.  The quicker a playing surface, the longer it takes for the ball to come to a stop."

I realize that James, but the important question is does slower also mean faster?

Not to get any Star Trekies into this discussion, but I think we need to name this whole phenomenon, "The Kirkonian paradox"  ;) ;D 8)

James, They time the ice in curling as well... though I've now abandoned playing that sport as the sweeping was ruining my back and spilling over into golf.  A pity, as it is fun...  :-\
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Bradley Anderson

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2008, 05:01:43 PM »
Right now the grass in Illinois is saying zzzzzzz zzzzzzz zzzzzzzz.

The soils on the other hand are saying ahhhhhhhhh.

These deep freezing days are the best thing for fracturing the sub-soils for drainage.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back