News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mark chalfant

Bel Air (Thomas) in L.A
« on: January 11, 2008, 04:02:51 PM »
I had the good fortune to play here many years ago. I remember little. So other than  the widely photographed 210 yd  10th,  what are the standout holes. An asst pro at Bel Air mentioned that Ken Venturi veiwed the back  nine as very special.Is the front nine or the back nine more compelling at  Bel Air ? Other than  number 10  what are the holes of greatest architectural appeal

thanks
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 04:07:03 PM by mark chalfant »

mike_beene

Re:Bel Air (Thomas) in L.A
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 11:25:53 PM »
Mark, my favorite holes are 5,7,8,11,12 and 15. 5 is a mid length par 3 which was the first hole when the club opened as a 9 holer.Feels like you are hitting into corner of canyon and green sits at angle.7 a mid length 4 that doglegs left off a hill then down and up to a green sloping back to front.8 a 5 with drive over crest and a green in valley with pond left.11 was the old double fairway.Neat drive down hill over big tree and then a short second.12 has creek left and I think was old Mae West.15 a four that doglegs right a little that I list because green slopes away but I cant see the slope.Can someone give better descriptions?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back