News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom Huckaby

Re:What's a good discount to offer player's with temp greens and tees?
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2008, 06:30:40 PM »
Evan:  Kalen describes it well.  And I know you said some don't have the option, but really, where else is this going to occur?  Would courses without such disregard for demand really have the guts to treat their customers so shabbily?

If so and one has other options, then heck yeah, the customer should walk.

I just don't see it happening.  The shabby treatment won't often occur in places with higher supply and lower demand, and here in the reverse, it's just too much to expect for us to walk and give up the round we've fought so bitterly to obtain.

TH
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 06:31:03 PM by Tom Huckaby »

Evan_Smith

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2008, 06:44:31 PM »
where else is this going to occur?  Would courses without such disregard for demand really have the guts to treat their customers so shabbily?

TH

Isn't this the whole point of this thread.  Mike was pointing out that he was treated exactly this way!  I've played lots of courses in the Toronto area that the greens were just aerated and we weren't informed beforehand.  From now on, I'm going to demand a discount.  I've had enough!  Yes, there are a lot of courses in the Toronto area, but there are also a lot of golfers!  It may not be as hard to get a tee time as in the Bay area, but we sure pay for it.  The cheapest regulation courses are the city owned ones (3 of them) and they charge $57.  The majority of the courses are in the $70-95 range and some of these are terrible courses.  The least busy courses are the "country club for a day" courses and they're all around $130-200, and they're still pretty busy.  Golf in Toronto is way too expensive!

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2008, 06:47:21 PM »
And Mike walked, so good on him.

I just really wanted to point out that it's not so easy to say we should ALL do the same.

BTW your golf costs are comparable to here.

TH

Kalen Braley

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2008, 06:50:23 PM »
Evan,

I agree with you in concept, and that is the way it should work.  But in reality, there really are vast differences between local/regional golf markets.

For example, you came here to the SLC area, and you saw the great and inexpensive options that are available here.  And on Sundays it twice as nice with half the population off to church.  I can count the number of tee times on one hand that I've had to get to play here, and usually then it was only because it was a group of us going and we wanted to make sure the time was set.  Otherwise, I just pick a course, show up, and they get me out with a minimal wait if any.

In the bay area, its vastly different.  The course you and I played would easily be double what we paid, maybe even triple digit green fees.  And the line would be out the door just to get on.  In the bay area I also rarely got tee times because the only ones available were late afternoon.  A morning weekend tee time, fuggetabout-it...unless you know someone.   ;D

P.S.  It just really chaps my hide that my most expensive green fee here is less than 50 bones... :P
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 06:52:29 PM by Kalen Braley »

Evan_Smith

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2008, 07:02:07 PM »
Kalen- And too bad for that 50 bucks the course sucks! ;)  (sarcasm in extremes)  It's also the same course that charged winter rates because the course wasn't up to snuf.  

And guys, just so I'm clear.  I know that not everywhere people will be able to walk away from a tee time, but for everyone else, start complaining.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back