News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bob_Huntley

Re:MPCC - Dunes
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2007, 02:59:22 PM »

............................" and the green didn't seem to have that much to it that I was a little disappointed."  

John,

You shall return and I will pick the pin position and place a ball on the green. I will bet you fifty cents and a ham sandwich that you will not two putt the hole.

Yrs respectfully

Bob

JohnV

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2007, 03:28:52 PM »
I will be more than willing to take you up on that offer sir.

If all I lose is .50 and a sandwich, I'll still be better off than I was playing Wolf with you. ;)

Scott Szabo

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2007, 03:40:16 PM »
I will be more than willing to take you up on that offer sir.

If all I lose is .50 and a sandwich, I'll still be better off than I was playing Wolf with you. ;)

Isn't wolf such a friendly game   ;)
"So your man hit it into a fairway bunker, hit the wrong side of the green, and couldn't hit a hybrid off a sidehill lie to take advantage of his length? We apologize for testing him so thoroughly." - Tom Doak, 6/29/10

AndrewB

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2007, 07:39:45 PM »
I liked the slopes on the 14th green of the Dunes.  Particularly the rise and fall from the left side and back of the green to the front and right side.  If you play away from the ocean on your tee shot then you really have your work cut out for you to get down in two.

A chip from short left or a putt from the left half of the green require great touch to get the right pace, and with the ocean staring right at you from behind it's easy to get tentative and leave your shot short of the ridge altogether, which just means you have to deal with it yet again on your third shot.  There was also a lot more break to the right than I expected on putts from the left half of the green to the right.
"I think I have landed on something pretty fine."

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2007, 10:01:57 AM »
Sometimes the setting for a golf hole makes it a spectacular hole, but does that take a good golf hole and make it a great one?  I don't think so.

I most emphatically DO think so.  Oh God yes.  The setting can take a good golf hole and make it a great one most definitely.  #14 Dunes is a perfect example.

But I play the game with my eyes open and with my heart waiting to sing.  Others perhaps do take it more seriously than I.  

You do live in the wrong place to discount setting.   ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back