News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Ober

I know this is last minute, but I'm going to be visiting my sisters in Pleasanton this weekend (I fly in Thursday night), and I've decided to try to play Pasatiempo on Friday. Will play as a single if necessary, but would love some company! :-)

Jed Peters

I can host you at Morgan Creek if you want....

Let me know via PM.

It's been written on here on this site, called a "doak 7" by most.

It's closer than santa cruz!

:)

ed_getka

Jed,
   Not quite. David can be down to Pasa from Pleasanton in 45 minutes. It is nice of you to offer hosting though.

David,
   We have a GCA foursome at Metropolitan Friday morning or I would have been happy to join you at Pasa. If you are interested in joining the group at  Metro I can give up my spot, and I'll just walk along.  I live in Pleasanton BTW.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Jed Peters

Only 45 to santa cruz? Nice!

Anyhow....David, whatever you want to do....I see your PM.

I can play friday or saturday....saturday as long as you don't mind being in a money game....your call.

Kalen Braley

Jed,
   Not quite. David can be down to Pasa from Pleasanton in 45 minutes. It is nice of you to offer hosting though.

David,
   We have a GCA foursome at Metropolitan Friday morning or I would have been happy to join you at Pasa. If you are interested in joining the group at  Metro I can give up my spot, and I'll just walk along.  I live in Pleasanton BTW.

Wow,

I would sure love to be riding in that car that can get to Pasa in 45 minutes from Pleasanton....in a morning Friday commute to boot.  That would be some fancy, NASCAR'ish driving.

ed_getka

Kalen,
   Nobody is dumb enough to drive to golf in rush hour traffic around here. :P That would defeat the purpose of going golfing, which is to enjoy yourself and relax. I've been to Pasa plenty of times and 45-50 minutes is all it takes from Pleasanton.
    Heck, there is a scruffy little course, Sunol, about 8 miles away from me, that in rush hour takes 30 minutes to get to. They have an early bird special because of it, and they don't get too  many takers because it is just agonizing to get there.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 09:40:49 PM by ed_getka »
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Mike Benham

You guys need to understand the Ed Getka driving method, heck, Rustic Canyon is only 4 hours away ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

David Stamm

I thought I was the only "Rustic Canyon or bust" driver on this site! ;)
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Kalen Braley

David,

Sounds like you and Ed need to get together and do a "Cannonball Run" to Bandon or something like that.  I'll bet you guys could easily get there from the bay area in 4 hours, which would normally take at least 6-7....   ;D  ;)

ed_getka

Don't give me any ideas. 8) I will be there for opening day of the new course so that will be my next attempt at a land speed record. :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 11:23:51 AM by ed_getka »

Joel_Stewart

Where ever you play its going to be cold, at least for Northern California standards.  Lows have been in the high 20's and the highs are barely in the 50's.  Last night we had wind gusts up to 50mph.

Kalen Braley

Where ever you play its going to be cold, at least for Northern California standards.  Lows have been in the high 20's and the highs are barely in the 50's.  Last night we had wind gusts up to 50mph.

Barely in the 50's sounds downright tropical to me right now.

Today we're looking at a high of about 24 degrees and it will likely drop down into the single digits tonight.  So much for hoping it would warm up and melt the 8 inches of snow on the ground so I could play this weekend.   ;D
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 11:59:49 AM by Kalen Braley »

ed_getka

Kalen,
   I guess you would be happy to slog through commuter traffic to get to Pasatiempo Friday, wouldn't you? Here's hoping you have a mild winter, from sunny California. 8) Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Kalen Braley

Kalen,
   I guess you would be happy to slog through commuter traffic to get to Pasatiempo Friday, wouldn't you? Here's hoping you have a mild winter, from sunny California. 8) Sorry, I couldn't resist.

No prob Ed,

And yes, i'd rather be stuck in traffic there knowing i'm going to go play Pasa than stuck in traffic here just going to work.

On the positive side, if I were a skier, which I'm not, there are several great resorts only 30 minutes from where I live.  Complete with perfect powdery snow, not the wet mush you find in Tahoe..  ;D

ed_getka

Touche. :) Can't beat the Utah powder for sure. I'll keep that in mind when I am golfing in shorts on Friday. ;D

Tom Huckaby

Touche. :) Can't beat the Utah powder for sure. I'll keep that in mind when I am golfing in shorts on Friday. ;D

Ed, it's gonna be 40 degrees max Friday morning.  You are one hearty golfer.  I'm gonna be bundled up like the Stay-Puf Marshmallow Man.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 02:31:34 PM by Tom Huckaby »

ed_getka

Shhhhh!!! I'm trying to make the poor guy suffer.

Tom Huckaby

He's lived here, Ed.  He's gonna be pretty tough to fool.

;D

Kalen Braley

Ed, it's gonna be 40 degrees max Friday morning.  You are one hearty golfer.  I'm gonna be bundled up like the Stay-Puf Marshmallow Man.

I'd be wearing shorts too if I were playing in 40 degrees.   ;)

That being said, I will say this, it always does feel colder out there in the bay area due the extra humidity in the air. 40 degrees in Santa Cruz would likely feel like 30 here.   ;)

ed_getka

;D

Oh, but you haven't lived in snow have you golden boy? Of course, it is early winter so Kalen isn't having cabin fever yet, but come February, those in the snow belt will believe anything.
   I used to love it when my parents would call in winter from upstate NY and complain about below zero weather and I would empathize (we were in San Diego then) how it was cold in SD too and how I had to put on a long sleeve shirt. Still in shorts mind you. 8)

Kalen Braley

;D

Oh, but you haven't lived in snow have you golden boy? Of course, it is early winter so Kalen isn't having cabin fever yet, but come February, those in the snow belt will believe anything.
   I used to love it when my parents would call in winter from upstate NY and complain about below zero weather and I would empathize (we were in San Diego then) how it was cold in SD too and how I had to put on a long sleeve shirt. Still in shorts mind you. 8)

Huck,

Ed is at least partially right on this one.  This time of year, snow is fun and new and all that...but come February, I'll be sick of highs in the 20s and getting squirrely to be outdoors for more than a few minutes at a time.

But if we're going to compare about who has what...sure you guys may have the beach, and the nice weather, and san fran right there, and year round golf....but thats nothing...

Here in Utah we got....ummmm....besides skiing, we got...ummm

THE MORMON TABERNACLE CHOIR...yeah thats it...yeah baby yeah   ;)   :'(

Tom Huckaby

"golden boy"?????

There is no doubt we have nice weather, and I too love to lord such over our less fortunate friends here, especially come January-February.

So my bad.  I just have seem too many wackos actually wear shorts on cold winter mornings here.  It always kinda freaks me out.

TH

ed_getka

Tom,
   The golden boy term is just generic for being from California and not anything derogatory. I just know from all  my years growing up in the great white north how winter affects ones brain, in a way that people from snowless regions can't really appreciate.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 03:05:44 PM by ed_getka »

Tom Huckaby

Fair enough, Ed.  And I do understand this.  I just also do now fully expect you to actually show up in shorts for our Friday 7:17am tee time.

;D

ed_getka

No worries, I'll have the shorts on. The least I can do is suffer in sympathy for my tundra-bound brethren.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back