News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Re:Theorists and Experimentalists
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2007, 11:48:50 AM »
"I have to ask you if you ever imagined when you were young  (what is that? some 100 years ago?  ) that you would one day carry round a small device in your pocket that you could take out and say "call Gary Player" to it and shortly be talking to Gary Player in South Africa with it. Or was that just more BS to you?"

Garland:

What exactly does that have to do with the importance of emotions and feelings toward golf courses and golf architecture?

My hunch is---almost precisely nothing!

I'll take that as a that was "just more BS to you." ;D
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Norbert P

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2007, 11:55:51 AM »
 Does anybody have a Sensory Deprivation Tank I can borrow?

BTW (At the turn on Mobius Links, how do I buy a hot dog at the clubhouse? I can smell 'em cookin' up there.)
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

John Kirk

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2007, 11:58:18 AM »
Does anybody have a Sensory Deprivation Tank I can borrow?

BTW (At the turn on Mobius Links, how do I buy a hot dog at the clubhouse? I can smell 'em cookin' up there.)

Since it's just me, you, and Garland who are still following this thread, No.

Dan Kelly

« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2007, 02:48:03 PM »
You Mobius Strip fans might enjoy this: "A Day in the Life of an M.C. Escher Drawing."

http://tinyurl.com/yudt7t
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Joe Hancock

« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2007, 02:46:28 PM »
I thought the Mobius strip was a shaving pattern to try to make the old famous whale look sexy.....

Now that I think of it...wasn't Mobius a brother to Biggus?

"He has a wife, you know..."

Perhaps a coincidence, but this fresh post comes to you direct from the Bangkok Airport.......

Joe

" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back