News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

M. Shea Sweeney

--or maybe which is the greatest golf course which holds true to its original architecture?

Are the great golf courses the ones who stay true to their roots, or are the great ones the ones that have changed over time?

I thought of this while flipping through "The Golden Age of Golf Design", and observing the awesome photos.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 11:32:08 PM by M. Shea Sweeney »

Trey Kemp

Re:What great course holds most true to it's original architecture?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 11:42:55 PM »
Out of all of the golf courses I have played it would have to be Chicago Golf Club.  I know the routing has changed since the very beginning, but they have done a wonderful job of staying true to their roots.  When I played I felt as if I had gone back in time.  It is a special place.  
twitter.com/TreyKempGCA

KBanks

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 09:20:43 AM »
Cypress Point?

Ken

Yancey_Beamer

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 09:36:44 PM »
Crystal Downs
One additional tee has been added at 18 to achieve less dogleg on the tee shot.No original portion of the course has been changed.There is an advantage to being a vacation area course that is not played off season.

J_ Crisham

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 09:45:23 PM »
Out of all of the golf courses I have played it would have to be Chicago Golf Club.  I know the routing has changed since the very beginning, but they have done a wonderful job of staying true to their roots.  When I played I felt as if I had gone back in time.  It is a special place.  
I couldn't agree more. From the clubhouse to the the representation of the classic architectural holes this is a place where you would love to grow old. The day I played here a couple of summers ago we had the place almost to ourselves- saw 2 other groups all day . Love their logo as well Far and Sure.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back