News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kyle Henderson

Boulder Ridge CC
« on: December 10, 2007, 12:18:21 AM »
A private course in San Jose, CA...

Has anyone played it? Is it a interesting as it appears to be in photos or is it as constrained by the site as it appears (or both)?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 12:19:16 AM by Kyle Henderson »
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Kyle Henderson

Re:Boulder Ridge CC
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 12:23:30 AM »
Side topic: Has anyone had much experience with Brad Benz' design work?
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Mike Benham

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 01:33:14 AM »
I have not played it but SCU had used it as it's home course for a time.

I have heard that it is difficult, windy and yes, it has boulders, many of them.  No comments on its architectural merits.
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 01:33:49 AM »
Andrew Biggadike has at least seen it, hopefully he'll catch this thread.

Rich Goodale

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 04:33:58 AM »
I played there soon after it's opening in 2002 with Gib Papazian, Neal Meagher and a friend of Gib's.  The setting is stunning and the golf course is just OK IMHO (by high price range Silicon Valley standards).  There is lots of mounding built to stop golf balls and golfers from falling over the various precipices on the property, a few bizarre flat saucer shaped "pot" bunkers and a goofy 18th, but also some very fine holes sprinkled in, of which I have only vague memories.

Hopefully Gib or Neal will chime in, as well as the Huckster who has also played there.  If I had a few hundred grand burning a hole in my pocket I could see being a member there (asuming that the then yet-to-be-built clubhouse has been built), but I'd probably play most of my local golf at Cinnabar Hills.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 10:44:53 AM »
Yeah, I've played it, three times now.  I think Rich has it right - it's a pretty fun cartball course, nice views, some neat huge boulders making it feel kinda like Arizona on top of a hill.  There's not much more to say about it other than it's the closest course to my house.

TH

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back