News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Doug Wright

Re:What course is your "secret shame" regarding its architecture?
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2007, 06:20:03 PM »
Tony and Doug,
In keeping with the Colorado theme, I enjoy Keystone Ranch (and River, actually), Pole Creek and the Raven at Three Peaks (back nine) more than their architecture warrants.  I'm not sure I'm with you on City Park--"it beats the heck out of Park Hill" is about as much I can say on its behalf.  Evergreen is simply a health hazard.  

Tim,

Jay's premise for this thread is that the course is "really low for architectural value, but resonate with us for other reasons." So City Park doesn't "resonate" for you but it does for Tony and me. I'll show you around there sometime and try to induce some resonating. The sounds and smells from the Denver Zoo are enough to cause some resonation--along with the City/mountain skyline and the sigh of relief when you return to your car post-round and nothing's been stolen...

PS For some reason, the NLE Mira Vista course resonated with me. I suspect the new Doak Urbina et al Mira Vista will resonate a bit more, however...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 06:35:43 PM by Doug Wright »
Twitter: @Deneuchre

Jay Flemma

Re:What course is your "secret shame" regarding its architecture?
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2007, 06:52:56 PM »
I love TD and think the great majority on this site hold the course in high regard.

I'm glad to hear that.  I only wish the price would come down...but I'm glad people dig it.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back