News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John_Cullum

Re:Tommy Naccarato.
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2007, 07:48:18 PM »
I completely understand Barney's position. I was 5 under at a new golf course one time. I hated the golf course, and felt it was ridiculous to call it a par 72. I quit after 16 holes because I refused to shoot the lowest score of my life on that golf course
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Joe Hancock

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2007, 07:59:58 PM »
the cool thing is, JK is right, and so is Paul.

I told John he could pile on me in all sincerity.....I'm like a dog....kick me, but I'll be your best friend two minutes later. And, I'll drink wine with you. The best of all worlds, keeping JK and Paul happy....

Paul....never ever blame anything on wine again...wine does no wrong......

:)
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2007, 08:02:02 PM »
John -

you would know and I wouldn't, but are you sure those courses are as easy as they look? Is a fear of going low ALL that's going on there? (I had to ask.)

But also, when I was describing that imaginary course, I wasn't thinking so much 'easy' as 'open'. I don't mean 'wide open'; I mean a course that doesn't show you where all its trouble is, or at least doesn't try to scare you half to death with it.  I think it can actually be easier to tackle the trouble that's clearly screaming out at us than it is to handle our own quiet doubts and tentative choices/decisions.

Peter  

John_Cullum

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2007, 08:02:40 PM »
I think Paul is gradually morphing into Tom Paul. I have been watching this for several months.

I question if the world is big enough for two Tom Pauls
"We finally beat Medicare. "

George_Bahto

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2007, 08:47:53 PM »
he calls me Uncle George
If a player insists on playing his maximum power on his tee-shot, it is not the architect's intention to allow him an overly wide target to hit to but rather should be allowed this privilege of maximum power except under conditions of exceptional skill.
   Wethered & Simpson

Mark_F

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2007, 08:50:30 PM »
I want to have a Lasagne making contest with him, and whip his arse.  

Then apologise for doing so.

TEPaul

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2007, 10:57:53 PM »
John Kavanaugh said:

"I think I love penal architecture because I am afraid to be happy."

Man, there's one of the most interesting admissions this site has ever seen!

A searching confessional, as Max Behr might say.

Mike Benham

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2007, 01:20:07 AM »
He calls me Bend it like Benham ... I have had worse ;)
"... and I liked the guy ..."

rjsimper

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2007, 10:23:40 AM »
He calls me Bend it like Benham ... I have had worse ;)

But Bend it like Benham always evokes memories of "SAUNTAH KLAR-UH!!!"

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2007, 12:39:55 PM »

SKINNY!

.... and gettin' skinnier

Brock Peyer

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2007, 09:40:59 PM »
Ok, what is this?!?!  I hadn't been on here in a while and see this.  I think Tommy is great but what the heck is going on here.  

I thought that this site was supposed to be about GCA not a bunch of guys kissin and huggin.  

Come on guys, grow a pair.  

Guys don't do this,...what's next, are we going to start discussing shoes?!?!?

Joe Hancock

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2007, 07:14:43 AM »
Brock,

The boys wanted a little breather from Penal Discussion. No need to worry, they're back on track, and making nice strides towards having a testicular fortitude that more closely resembles yours....not that they want to compare and takes notes, which you apparently did.

Next time, turn your head and cough....

:)
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

paul cowley

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2007, 09:02:03 AM »
Joe  ;D.

Brock....I started this series while sitting next to a bottle of Chardonnay and thinking about a few of the many golf contributors here whose interesting golf related posts make this a good golf DG....just a little lighthearted fun.
Personally, since golf is my full time avocation, its hard for me to stay on track and be serious all the time.

You should be happy that I didn't start a post like;

Brock Peyer....where has he been...we miss you. :-*
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 05:49:41 PM by paul cowley »
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

Brock Peyer

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2007, 05:44:59 PM »
Joe  ;D.

Brock....I started this series while sitting next to a bottle of Charrdonay and thinking about a few of the many golf contributors here whose interesting golf related posts make this a good golf DG....just a little lighthearted fun.
Personally, since golf is my full time avocation, its hard for me to stay on track and be serious all the time.

You should be happy that I didn't start a post like;

Brock Peyer....where has he been...we miss you. :-*

Paul, that thread would be sure to be one to be ignored and a waste of internet space.  Sorry, I was feeling punchy.

paul cowley

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2007, 05:56:51 PM »
.....no problema...y no es nessesita 'sorry' ;).... :)
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back