News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Terry Lavin

Re: Rick Holland, Legend
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2017, 12:26:29 PM »
I talked to Rick just the other day and he is involved in an experimental trial that is geared toward immunosuppression as best as I could understand.  He's fighting and is in pretty good spirits.  He wants me to thank everybody for their encouragement in this thread and the many other ways people are providing emotional support.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Tommy Naccarato

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2017, 11:46:21 AM »
Rick,
You battle with the best of them!  Never give up and Never surrender!  My hopes and prayers are with you!  Get better soon so we can tag team Ran during a round at Friar's Head!

J_ Crisham

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2017, 05:06:40 PM »
Fellow GCAers:   
      Please spend a moment to read a very well written article by Brad Klein in todays digital issue of Golfweek. It describes the affinity, vision, and energy of Rick Holland towards the restoration of Beverly . As a complete techno slacker I am lacking the ability to add a link to this article. In fact I would greatly appreciate someone doing this.
                                               Thanks,               Jack

John Mayhugh

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2017, 08:01:23 AM »
Jack,
Thanks for calling our attention to the article. Here's a link, but I had to log in to read it so I think it's subscriber only access.
http://mydigitalpublication.com/publication/?i=447448&p=&l=&m=8875&ver=&view=&pp=#{%22issue_id%22:447448,%22page%22:18}

Tim_Cronin

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2018, 06:08:37 PM »
I and others at the Chicago Golf Heritage Society meeting today at Onwentsia Club had the delight to shake Rick's hand and give him a hug today. He looks great!
The website: www.illinoisgolfer.net
On Twitter: @illinoisgolfer

John_Cullum

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2018, 08:27:35 PM »
That's good to hear. I think about now and then and wondered how he was doing.
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Terry Lavin

Re: Rick Holland, Legend New
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2018, 11:09:00 AM »
I’ve known Rick since 1960. His most prominent character trait is his battler’s mentality. He has fought cancer that has spread to at least five different places. He’s had at least five serious surgeries, dozens of radiation procedures and many other interventions. Cancer is a battle. This man has proved that he’s up for the challenge. And God bless his wife, family and all of the health care providers. Rick is happy, optimistic and passionate about life. Lucky guy.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 07:53:07 PM by Terry Lavin »
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back