News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony_Nysse

Photos of Silva's Greenville CC and Charleston CC
« on: November 24, 2007, 10:11:47 AM »
Brian Silva has been in charge of both of these renovations. Does anyone have any pics of the courses? CC of Charleston opened fall of 2006 and Greenville CC opened this past fall. Thanks

Tony Nysse
Asst. Supt.
Colonial CC
Ft. Worth, TX
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 10:12:18 AM by Anthony_Nysse »
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Dan Moore

Re:Photos of Silva's Greenville CC and Charleston CC
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 08:33:28 PM »
Tony,

Thanks to Mike Whitaker I have some photos of Greenville CC taken just before Silva started his renovation.  I was able to tour the course and get photo of a routing plan in the clubhouse that showed the orginal 1919 or so William Langford design overlaid with the 1959 changes made by George Cobb when the club obtained additional land for 7 holes across the river.  Silva was touting his renovation as inspired by Seth Raynor which I found ironic given the origin of the course.  The original course was packed onto a fairly small, hilly site and would have been one of Langford's earliest designs.  Some of the best holes were Langford originals.  A few of the abandoned holes continued to be used as part of a nine hole short course.  

If someone comes up with some post renovation photos I will post some of mine which were taken after they gassed the fairways.  
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

Brian Jones

Re:Photos of Silva's Greenville CC and Charleston CC
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 09:38:26 PM »
One of these days I'll go to Photobucket and learn to post pictures.  Until then, below is a link (be sure to copy the entire link) to some photos taken this summer during  construction. In order they are 6,11,16,15 and 17. Sorry I don't have anything more recent to share.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8Act2LZkzatGXD&notag=1

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back