News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

dsilk

Re:DAVE SILK: A GREAT PLAYING PARTNER
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2007, 06:40:57 PM »
tony
i have NO idea what you are referring to with hte "no ass" comment- perhaps you were thinking of his posterior while on the tee box but i dont see why you feel the need to attribute to me??
geez only 12 games? felt like a year in solitary... not a particularly bright spot in my career- Germany was terrific- nice to actually be on the ice and play in crucial points of a game again- a good way to end a career but not for everybody- and yes, we walked over to checkpoint charlie and thbrandenburg gate and watvhed them take the wall down- in many ways, more surreal than Lake Placid....

Doug Wright

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2007, 06:53:48 PM »
tony
i have NO idea what you are referring to with hte "no ass" comment- perhaps you were thinking of his posterior while on the tee box but i dont see why you feel the need to attribute to me??
geez only 12 games? felt like a year in solitary... not a particularly bright spot in my career- Germany was terrific- nice to actually be on the ice and play in crucial points of a game again- a good way to end a career but not for everybody- and yes, we walked over to checkpoint charlie and thbrandenburg gate and watvhed them take the wall down- in many ways, more surreal than Lake Placid....

Dave,

1980:  US defeats Russia in historic Olympic game--you were there
1989: Berlin Wall falls--you were there

Were you Forrest Gump, a CIA operative, or both?

Happy Thanksgiving.

Twitter: @Deneuchre

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2007, 08:08:28 PM »
Doug:

Don't  believe everything he tells you.

Silky also has a Bible at his house and on the inside page it's signed, "Thanks for your help with the boat. Your Friend, Noah."

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2007, 10:52:19 PM »
Skating with his head down again...

Dave Silk - Right Wing
Games 7
Goals 2
Assists 3
Pts 5
PIM 0

Silk was one of 10 underclassmen to make the 1980 team, a marvelous skater and natural scorer who was also adept at backchecking and penalty killing. Silk scored 35 goals in his first 34 games for Boston University's Terriers and was twice named to NCAA All-Tournament teams. Silk netted 50 goals and 35 assists his senior year at Thayer Academy H.S.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 10:53:49 PM by Anthony Pioppi »

dsilk

« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2007, 04:55:04 AM »
...HAPPY THANKSGIVNG TO ALL!!!

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2007, 08:32:06 AM »
...HAPPY THANKSGIVNG TO ALL!!!

A new record for self promoting meaningless thread bumps.  
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 08:36:15 AM by John Kavanaugh »

Geoffrey Childs

« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2007, 08:44:46 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving Dave

Don't worry about that last post- If Barney is hounding you "you must be doing something right".

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2007, 09:34:06 AM »
I like when John posts, I feel like we're all helping the handicapped.

Happy Thanksgiving as well!

Anthony

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2007, 09:41:16 AM »
I guess I was out of line.  It must have been tough for Dave to be back in the limelight after all these years and see this thread going to the second page.  He did wait six hours before pulling it back to the top and we do only have three other meaningless Thanksgiving threads on which he could have posted.

The holidays always have a way of mucking up interesting conversation.

dsilk

« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2007, 05:05:10 PM »

john k
you are SO right- why are we having FUN when we could be debating whether or not asian culture is having an effect on the american golf model. Now there's some exciting debate!! I travel quite a bit and have trouble falling asleep on the "red-eye" but not ahymore... i will just reread your thrill a minute posts-
at any rate, take this as an au revoir or whatever they say in Mexico-
Peace

PS Ran, thanks for all of your hard work, good luck and godspeed.

ds

James Bennett

« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2007, 09:03:41 PM »
All I have for partners is Tom Paul, Mike Cirba, Jeff Silverman, Steve Sayers, Andy Scanlon, Steve Shaffer, Powell Arms and Mike Malone down here.  :-\  Bill Dow travels too much so I'm in need of some serious partner upgrading.  

Wayne

what happened to Sulli? Don't you get to play with him much? Was that a rare treat for both of us, to see such a genuine, smooth player in action?

Happy thanksgiving guys.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

wsmorrison

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2007, 09:27:41 PM »
James,

I wouldn't include Jim Sullivan and Jamie Slonis in the same category as those clowns.  If I mentioned these two class acts, Tony and Dave wouldn't sense an acute need for better partners and leave their cozy New England for Philadelphia.  But then again, the lure of Philly golf, cheesesteaks and Yeungling should've been enough.  I find they do help overcome overdoses of Mike Malone and his infamous Malonisms  ;)

RJ_Daley

« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2007, 12:26:54 AM »
I guess I was out of line.  It must have been tough for Dave to be back in the limelight after all these years and see this thread going to the second page.  He did wait six hours before pulling it back to the top and we do only have three other meaningless Thanksgiving threads on which he could have posted.

The holidays always have a way of mucking up interesting conversation.

john k
you are SO right- why are we having FUN when we could be debating whether or not asian culture is having an effect on the american golf model. Now there's some exciting debate!! I travel quite a bit and have trouble falling asleep on the "red-eye" but not ahymore... i will just reread your thrill a minute posts-
at any rate, take this as an au revoir or whatever they say in Mexico-
Peace

PS Ran, thanks for all of your hard work, good luck and godspeed.

ds

I just saw this, thinking I'd stop in the old GCA.com for a little light hearted banter before retiring on a full Thanksgiving meal and enjoying the remainders of the day.

What a %#@*&ing pity.  Another arrogant and meanspirited comment chases a first class golf and golf design loving all-american sports figure away from the treehouse because it is ultimately true, that a guy like Dave really don't need that or need to put up with that horsehockey from Barney.  

Kavanaugh, you couldn't carry DS's jock and you never have or will accomplished half of what he has in your life.  You're just becoming and insufferable P&*^cK.

I used to enjoy some of the off the wall, Barney stuff.  But, the comments really have disintegrating to a series of looney anti-social utterances of a guy who seems really troubled deep down.  I guess there is that fine line between razor sharp wit and desparate cries for help and attention.

This recent competition of who can post the most off the wall stuff and most biting satire or ridicule has become downright derision and insult.  It has been infecting some otherwise pretty smart people.  I fear this is going to be a very long 'hot stove league' winter season here on  GCA.com if such nasty grams keep getting exchanged, me included.  

Perhaps a break is needed.   :-[

No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Mike_Young

« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2007, 12:36:43 AM »
Dave,
Forgive me for not knowing anything re hockey....but did you happen to be at Secession for the 20 year reunion....if so may have met you....I was down for the weekend with Jim Harrick and Jack Callahan saw him and (I think it was Jack) and we played in the game.....we each ended up with a hockey stick signed by all....just wondered.....
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2007, 10:40:28 AM »
For all of you keeping score at home Dave Silk has quite the site because of Kavanaugh's insensitive and unwarrented comment.

Anthony

Joe Hancock

« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2007, 11:17:04 AM »
For all of you keeping score at home Dave Silk has quite the site because of Kavanaugh's insensitive and unwarrented comment.

Anthony

Don't construe this as support for JK's comments, but one check into the boards and he takes himself out of the game?
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2007, 11:36:29 AM »
Joe:

This isn't hockey. This is discussion board.

Anthony

« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 11:36:58 AM by Anthony Pioppi »

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2007, 01:41:24 PM »

Anthony

That's about par for the GCA course these days, Tony.   ::)

Perfect.   :-\  

Joe Hancock

« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2007, 02:52:20 PM »
The real lesson in this thread is in Dr. Geoff's reply #57, especially if you remember the history there.

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2007, 03:59:32 PM »
Caution: Blatant attempt at foul-drawing...

I wouldn't know Dave Silk from Crushed Silk, but he must have been one right great girly wuss of a hockey player if one swing of the Kavanaugh handbag sends him scurrying to the subs bench. (can one scurry on ice skates?)

Dave,
there's 1498 other GCAers who are delighted to have you around here. The Raynor crew, especially, need all the help they can get.

Get your great, hairy, padded-shorted butt back in the game, bucko! (I used to coach a little ;))

best wishes,
BigFatIceMon.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

John_Conley

« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2007, 06:37:35 PM »
What a %#@*&ing pity.  Another arrogant and meanspirited comment chases a first class golf and golf design loving all-american sports figure away from the treehouse because it is ultimately true, that a guy like Dave really don't need that or need to put up with that horsehockey from Barney.  

Kavanaugh, you couldn't carry DS's jock and you never have or will accomplished half of what he has in your life.  You're just becoming and insufferable P&*^cK.

There's no 'just becoming' about it.

Barney can take whatever he has ever been good at and multiply it by a thousand and that's how good Dave Silk was at hockey.  Funny, I never saw him talking about his accomplishments (which include one of the greatest American triumphs ever)... it is always SOMEONE ELSE that brings them up.  When that happens, Dave, who I've never met, seems good-natured and understanding.

Oh well, surely the defenders will be quick to point out how Jaka's really a nice guy.

Make fun of those displace or dying by fires lately?  Call anyone you don't know gay for no reason?

It reminds me of Kramer and Jerry talking about cancer jokes.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back