News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Bob_Huntley

Thanksgiving and GCA
« on: November 21, 2007, 03:52:10 PM »
I give thanks that Ran Morrissette fostered this wonderful site that gives me a daily read of golf, architecture and some of the wackiest threads and political slants available.

However, what surprises me the most, is that out of fifteen hundred putative members only one hundred and eighty nine deem it worthy enough to fork out a small amount of dollars to help fray expenses. I can well understand the person that lurks and takes no part but some of our members could well step up to the plate.

I will sit back and take the ritual flaying.

Bob

Mark Smolens

Re:Thanksgiving and GCA
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 04:09:07 PM »
I'm just a newbie, but nobody ever asked.  Where do I send the check and who do I make it out to?

Doug Wright

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 04:18:14 PM »
I'm just a newbie, but nobody ever asked.  Where do I send the check and who do I make it out to?

Mark (and others) Click on the Contributions tab to the left of the Discussion page.

Bob, I agree with your premise; however, if GCA.com were a public company Ran as CEO could stand before the shareholders and say "The number of contributors to our company doubled in 2007 compared to 2006!" Which is true, largely, I suspect, due to PayPal.

Thanks Ran, and Happy Thanksgiving all.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 04:18:55 PM by Doug Wright »
Twitter: @Deneuchre

Mark Smolens

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 04:53:39 PM »
Thank you Doug.  Big check coming on an outside case so I will try to pull my own weight -- I do enjoy the opportunity to participate in the verbal discourse on golf.

Sean_A

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 05:19:55 PM »
I give thanks that Ran Morrissette fostered this wonderful site that gives me a daily read of golf, architecture and some of the wackiest threads and political slants available.

However, what surprises me the most, is that out of fifteen hundred putative members only one hundred and eighty nine deem it worthy enough to fork out a small amount of dollars to help fray expenses. I can well understand the person that lurks and takes no part but some of our members could well step up to the plate.

I will sit back and take the ritual flaying.

Bob

Bob

You shouldn't accept the published list as correct.  I notice my name isn't included yet I have made three donations.  Also, some may make anonymous donations.  

Ciao  
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 05:24:03 PM by Sean Arble »
New plays planned for 2024: Nothing

Jay Flemma

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 05:24:19 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!  Who else doesn't eat turkey?  I have a big thick juicy steak waiting for me...and pasta!

And, of course, pumpkin pie!!

John Foley

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 05:56:20 PM »
Amen Bob!!!

It's a great way to give back to something that gives tremendous benefit to this crazy group.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!
Integrity in the moment of choice

John Kirk

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 06:06:30 PM »
Bob,

Thanks for reminding me.  I have contributed 2 or 3 times in the last 4 years, but not recently.  You should see my name up there by year's end.

Thanks for your great contribution here.

John

PThomas

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 06:20:56 PM »
well said Sir Bob
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Bill_McBride

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 06:26:10 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!  Who else doesn't eat turkey?  I have a big thick juicy steak waiting for me...and pasta!

Jay, Osso Buco and rissoto Milanese at our house!  ;D

RJ_Daley

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 06:53:52 PM »
Wild Bill, do you suck the marrow outta'the bones?  ;) ;D

It isn't at my house this year.  When it is, about 28-32 of us start with a big platter of fusilli or rotini, with red gravy, then move on to the traditional American stuff... The sauce is remarkably good with the turkey, BTW.   :o

I'm contributing a sweet potato with pecans casserole I had at some southern food joint after I left the Dixie Cup hanging around in the boonies.  ;) ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Dan King

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 07:19:59 PM »
In 1947 my Dad, who was then 15, and some of his friends started a touch-football game, played every year in Noe Valley in San Francisco. Tomorrow we will play the 61st version of the game. My Dad and a few of the others are no longer with us, but the A-Bowl goes on. Our team is the Three-As, and the other team is the Red-As (with As standing for part of the anatomy -- I guess back in the day you wouldn't actually say that word.) My son was the first of the third generation, and next year for the first time we will have a fourth generation, though he probably won't be available to play for a few years.

Matter of fact, this is my last Thanksgiving as a non-grandpa. My grandson, Christopher Daniel King is due to arrive in early January.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Cheers,
Dan King
If you're a Thanksgiving dinner, but you don't like the stuffing or the cranberry sauce or anything else, just pretend like you're eating it, but instead, put it all in your lap and form it into a big mushy ball. Then, later, when you're out back having cigars with the boys, let out a big fake cough and throw the ball to the ground. Then say, "Boy, these are good cigars!"
 --Jack Handy

Mike Benham

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 07:20:42 PM »

Jay, Osso Buco and rissoto Milanese at our house!  ;D

Speak proper Italian please ... Risotto alla Milanese (aka yellow rice)

"... and I liked the guy ..."

Doug Wright

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 07:23:50 PM »
Matter of fact, this is my last Thanksgiving as a non-grandpa. My grandson, Christopher Daniel King is due to arrive in early January.

Dan, Congrats to the grandpa to be, and Happy Thanksgiving!
Twitter: @Deneuchre

John_Cullum

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 07:39:45 PM »
I'm contributing a sweet potato with pecans casserole I had at some southern food joint after I left the Dixie Cup hanging around in the boonies.  ;) ;D

One of my all time favorites, try it with vanilla ice cream
"We finally beat Medicare. "

RJ_Daley

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 07:41:10 PM »
Where does one find Hawaian floral print swaddling clothes?

Congrats grandpappy Dan.  ;D 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Dan King

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2007, 08:30:59 PM »
RJ_Daley writes:
Where does one find Hawaian floral print swaddling clothes?

Not exactly swaddling clothes, but I've already ordered a couple of baby outfits for the kid.

Click here for Hawaiian baby clothes from Hula Girls

Earlier this week I ordered the North Shore Tapa Cabana Set in size 6 months, green.

Cheers,
Dan King
Hawaii is a unique state. It is a small state. It is a state that is by itself. It is a -it is different from the other 49 states. Well, all states are different, but it's got a particularly unique situation.
 --Dan Quayle

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back