News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Adam Clayman

Off Topic but On Plane
« on: November 19, 2007, 11:40:38 AM »
Grab some Kleenex and watch this

http://www.sonnyradio.com/kylelograsso.html
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

PThomas

Re:Off Topic but On Plane
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 12:07:38 PM »
i got goosebumps at the end when the doctor said the cancer hadn't returned Adam

thanks for posting....THIS is the kind of stuff that is important in life, not all the petty, unimportant matters ...

and my youngest daughter has a kid in her class who takes his artificial eye out and grosses the hell out of the rest of the class!

199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 12:19:32 PM »
What a great story.  This lad impresses more with his attitude than  his golf swing, which is impressive enough.  He will be fun to watch mature.  Thanks for the link.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

tlavin

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 01:13:31 PM »
It's obviously a terrific vignette, but Frank DeFord is really taking on some powder puff stories on Gumbel's show these days.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 02:32:56 PM »
Just stunning.  

I'm happy that Paul commented that the MD said the cancer hadn't returned.  I wouldn't have known the outcome without trying to dig around for the rest of the story.  My vignette for whatever reason ends at 10:59 of an 11;57 time clip when the commentator says:
"because that is when they brought Kyle back to Dr. Shields office"....  

If anyone can tell me how to get the rest of it to run, I'd appreciate it.

I guess some other things that strike me was to salute the pro, Huber, who was the only one to step up and consult with Kyle's Dad.  And I thought, this is great because they are now in a great golf traditional area of Philly, where one would hope the powers that be in the golf world there realise and do all they can to assist in Kyle's careful development.  Further, it is a way to say thank you to the Father (a veteran), and a loving Mother who have been through a great deal of anxiety already.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Dan Kelly

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 02:58:12 PM »
Just stunning.  

I'm happy that Paul commented that the MD said the cancer hadn't returned.  I wouldn't have known the outcome without trying to dig around for the rest of the story.  My vignette for whatever reason ends at 10:59 of an 11;57 time clip when the commentator says:
"because that is when they brought Kyle back to Dr. Shields office"....  

If anyone can tell me how to get the rest of it to run, I'd appreciate it.

"Everything looks good."

Then Kyle goes back to "living his life."

He gets into the golf cart. Stands on the right side. Says: "Full speed." Dad suggests half speed, so Kyle doesn't fall out. Kyle insists: "Full speed!"

And then Gumbel and Deford go to chatting, and Deford says something about they can shrink the tumor but not eliminate it ...
and that's where it got stuck, for me.

HEY, YOU PHILADELPHIANS --

Get this kid out to your golf courses, next spring.

P.S. Deford says the kid was born with the swing. In his next breath, he says he got it from watching TV.

I believe the latter theory. I saw the same thing with my daughter, who learned by watching TV -- and had a pretty nice swing the first time she ever swung a club.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 03:01:03 PM by Dan Kelly »
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 01:10:24 PM »
A remarkable young man...I wish him well!
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 13.2. Have 26 & 23 year old girls and wife of 29 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back