News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt_Ward

Re:Yellowstone Club
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2007, 05:22:13 PM »
Andy:

Getting to Big Sky is no easy adventure -- even those flying their own jets likely will land in Bozeman and then head the 60 remaining miles by car / SUV.

I liked Yellowstone a good bit better than 3 Creek Ranch -- I see the Rees Jones layout in Wyoming as being a formulaic Jones design that just so happens to have the Grand Tetons in the background. Headwaters is a solid layout but it's relatively devoid of any architectural elements of note. Snake River is the best of the lot -- both in terms of the land it occupies -- gorgeous site locked into a valley with the renown Snake River off to the side. The Weiskopf layout at Snake River could very well be the best design from the ones I've played with his fingerprints attached.

Yellowstone Club is at least 3 hours from the immediate Jackson area. The law patrols the area regularly and you won't be able to access any Interstates when traveling.

Hope the info helps ...

p.s. More golf is on the way in Big Sky and it appears to be the new Aspen for those with the bucks to enjoy all the amenities.

Andy Troeger

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2007, 05:47:34 PM »
Matt,
Thanks for the info, that is helpful. Big Sky might be further than I want to drive, but the others might be worthwhile as I've actually not played a Rees Jones design so I won't know the formula yet :-)  I've heard others praise Snake River so I will certainly look into that one first.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2007, 06:01:45 PM »
Hey Andy,

If you can get access, perhaps it'd be worth your while to check out Teton Reserve.  Its a reversible course built by Hale Irwin.  And if you happen to take a few snaps I'm sure at least a few would be interested in how they accomplished the reversable routing.

http://www.tetonreserve.com/golfcourse.html

Andy Troeger

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2007, 06:14:06 PM »
Kalen,
From the website it says that Teton Reserve accepts public play at $90. I'll keep that one in mind as well.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2007, 12:18:40 AM »
It is nice to know there are a few more places Dick Cheney cannot hang at.

Rich Goodale

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2007, 05:28:37 AM »
It is nice to know there are a few more places Dick Cheney cannot hang at.

Dick's not worried, Tiger.  In January he can start hanging at(sic) the whole Great Sovereign State of Louisiana, when the recently elected Republican Governor gets sworn in.  He might even hang at (sic) Lafayette!  If so, I would advise you to politely turn down any offers of an Alpha-male-bonding hunting trip..... ;)

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2007, 09:30:24 AM »
Rihc I am sad to note he aka Dr Evil was here last weekend hunting with my neighbor. The chill created by the arrival of the evil one sent children scruring inside and had dogs barking anytime his evilness was within 20 miles of them. The experience so impacted the for now unnamed neighbor he is flying his plane to the LSU game as mere 50 miles away rather than the traditional drive in the Suburban. lol One cannot hang with the common folk and be a member of cheneyworld.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back