News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matthew Hunt

Re:Where is this golfer and....
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2007, 06:08:46 AM »
LOooks like a class course.

TEPaul

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2007, 06:18:55 AM »
Dan Kelly said:

"Bart --
I think Arcadia Bluffs is much, much too far from Philadelphia to have developed a "consensus" here.
I haven't played it, myself."

Dan:

I've never played it either, or even seen it but judging from these photos posted on this thread I have little doubt I'd love it. Is the architect Ted Robinson?  ;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 06:20:25 AM by TEPaul »

wsmorrison

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2007, 07:15:37 AM »
Interesting that the website doesn't mention the architect.  There is a link to a brief mention of which of the two architects deserve the design credit.  Neither are mentioned.  What's with that?

Buck Wolter

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2007, 10:09:40 AM »
Wayne-
Rick smith and Warren Henderson were both involved in the design, at some point Rick left the project in a disagreement and for quite a while it was listed as Warren Henderson design. I tried to find something on him on Google and it looks like his website isn't active.

Buck

I really like the look of the course in these photos -- it gets a bit HD green in the summer -- this looks like a GB&I patina.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 10:11:38 AM by Buck Wolter »
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Sean_A

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 09:27:12 AM »
Does anyone have more pix?  For some reason, I don't recall seeing too many.

Ciao
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 09:53:25 AM by Sean Arble »
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Buck Wolter

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2007, 09:46:10 AM »
Sean-
They have a well done website -- here's a photo from site of the punchbowl 4th.

http://www.arcadiabluffs.com/the_course.php
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Mark Manuel

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2007, 10:37:57 AM »
I played there this past August and didn't love it.  After getting the usual first tee speech about pace of play and how serious they were about four hour rounds we were subjected to almost six hours on the golf course.  We asked every ranger we ran into what the delay was and they all shrugged their shoulders and said there was nothing they could do.

Great property, you could take a non-golfer along for the ride just to take in the views.  I question some of the greens and wasn't in love with how some of the holes set up.  

If you can deal with horrible pace of play I would say it is worth the trip.  
The golf ball is like a woman, you have to talk it on the off chance it might listen.

J_ Crisham

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2007, 07:58:34 PM »
Arcadia Bluffs is actually in avery golf rich area. Crystal Downs and all the Treetops courses are in this general area. It may not be Philly but it is still top shelf golf. Not a course to walk.

Paul Carey

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2007, 08:27:35 PM »
"Bart --

I think Arcadia Bluffs is much, much too far from Philadelphia to have developed a "consensus" here.

I haven't played it, myself.

Dan"

Very funny Dan.... ;D

Cory Lewis

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2007, 08:57:04 PM »
The weather was a little different when I played there for the first time two weeks ago:

When I took this picture it was 45 degrees and raining sideways.  Thank goodness they gave me a covered cart!  I actually think the weather added to my enjoyment of the course.  You need to experience this course on a windy day to fully appreciate the design.  
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 08:57:43 PM by Cory Lewis »
Instagram: @2000golfcourses
http://2000golfcourses.blogspot.com

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2007, 09:53:59 PM »
Being from Philadelphia, I will discount myself from this discussion so that no real consensus can be formed.  ;D

From the pics, however, I will certainly try to play there on a return trip to Michigan.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back