News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dale_McCallon

ANGC charity rounds
« on: November 10, 2007, 06:42:10 PM »
I thought this type of thing was forbidden by the club, but since it was a good cause....Makes paying $ 500 for Oakmont sound like a cheap muni.

http://www.smss./org

Michael Blake

Re:ANGC charity rounds
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 07:00:02 PM »
Wow.

These clubs could raise millions for charity if they were to do more auctions like that. Or charity rounds like Pine Valley did shortly after 9/11.  Two days of full tee sheets at $1000 a pop/$4000 foursome.

Or certainly like Oakmont did last month.

Joe Bausch

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 08:08:08 PM »
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Powell Arms

PowellArms@gmail.com
@PWArms

Tim Leahy

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 04:50:14 PM »
$110,000 for a twosome at ANGC? If I had that kind of money I don't think I would pay that for a round with Jack and Tiger included. Sure it's a good cause, but wonder what the second place bid was.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Andy Doyle

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 05:31:15 PM »
I recently chaired the fundraiser golf tournament for the St. Thomas More Catholic School in Decatur, GA.  I felt pretty good about the $8,000 we raised until I read that article.

I guess I should have invited Billy Payne.

Andy

Daryl David

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 05:33:14 PM »
I am surprised that the club allows this.  First off I presume the winners will end up being unaccompanied guests of Mr. Bossidy.  How do you vouch for someone you may not have ever met.

Bart Bradley

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 05:35:15 PM »
I am surprised that the club allows this.  First off I presume the winners will end up being unaccompanied guests of Mr. Bossidy.  How do you vouch for someone you may not have ever met.

Why would you think they would be unaccompanied...that is probably why there are only 2 spots and not 4....I would bet heavily they will be accompanied guests of the member who "donated" the rounds for the auction.

Bart

Bill Shamleffer

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 05:51:30 PM »

From things I have read I believe the policy at Augusta National is that a guest need not play with a member, but the member must be on the grounds (this could include being in the clubhouse) while the guest is also on the grounds.
“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.”  Damon Runyon

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back