News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

J_McKenzie

Re:Donald Ross T-shirts
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2007, 10:55:24 AM »
Just wanted to let everyone know that the T-shirts were ordered yesterday.  We should get them in 2-3 weeks and will get them turned around as soon as we can.

I must confess that I fully expected this thread to go in different directions and you guys did not disappoint.  However, I would have never guessed the direction it has gone.  Not to disagree with Paul, but the market we are aiming at is simply anyone that ever wears a T-shirt.  It's no more complicated than that and the reason we chose quality shirts, as George was kind enough to point out.  

We've made similar shirts for other projects that I've been wearing for the last several years.  I've never had to explain it nor defend it.  99% of people pay no attention to it or probably even know what it is.  The 1% that do are people that play golf and they are usually complimentary.  

A quality shirt for a good cause, that's really all it is.  Thanks to all those who have participated.

John

« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 10:56:34 AM by J_McKenzie »

Garland Bayley

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2007, 11:09:28 AM »
In case anyone is wondering, the Hanes Beefy T and the blue Authentic Pigment tees are two of the nicest on the market - I guarantee you will like them as much as any t shirt out there. The AP shirt is a washed out garment dyed t, so it will have a bit of a faded look to it, and it will probably end up being your favorite t shirt.

I sent in my order.

Wow! Now that's an endorsement!
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

paul cowley

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2007, 07:45:31 PM »
John is right about the shirts being for anyone and everyone....I was being defensive because I found it odd that these shirts could even begin to come under repeated criticism for their content.....just good shirts for a good cause.

....and I can not tell you how proud I am of the Brunswick CC renovation....not only of the results, but of all the Love Design people associated with it, who for the most part participated in the same way the shirts are being marketed....on a not for profit basis.....a labor of love so to speak ;) [I know that's corny].

Come see the results for yourself when the course re opens late this fall.
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

JMorgan

Re:Donald Ross T-shirts New
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2007, 07:50:37 PM »
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 03:34:53 PM by jm »

J_McKenzie

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2007, 09:49:24 AM »
JMorgan,

Excellent point and it made me realize my last post may have come across as defensive.  Certainly not my intention, I was just somewhat bemused.....

Thanks,  John

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2007, 09:53:26 AM »
Guys,

I apologize if anyone was offended by my attempts at humor.

I get the tshirts...the joke was that I doubt our wives/significant others, etc. would!  ;D

In any case, buy a Donald Ross T!  

George Pazin

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2007, 10:10:00 AM »
Probably should've mentioned this before, but these t's - both the Beefys and the Authentic Pigments - tend to run big.

I'm pretty average sized - about 5' 9", 190, pretty solid - and I ordered a size L. The XL would definitely be a bit big on me, though it might fit better after a Thanksgiving binge.

:)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

J_McKenzie

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2007, 10:14:52 AM »
I thought I would try to keep this on the first page for one more week.  Thanks again to everyone that has participated.

Sincerely,  John

George Pazin

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2007, 03:08:04 PM »
Just got mine yesterday - looks great, an excellent design and print.

Thanks, John.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Tony Petersen

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2007, 08:36:32 PM »
John -

Just sent you a check for a XXL Blue. Tell me you still have a couple available. XL will work as well  ;)

Tony P (TP)
Ski - U - Mah... University of Minnesota... "Seven beers followed by two Scotches and a thimble of marijuana and it's funny how sleep comes all on it's own.”

Tim Copeland

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2007, 10:37:54 AM »
John,

I received mine yesterday.  I called and thanked the correct person for sending it out(your secretary).

The blue looks really good.  

I have had 3 women ask me about my shirt and want to have dinner with me.  They said something about being cool and working in the dirt.

Beats me.

Thanks again for the shirt....but most of all thanks for contributing to a worthy cause.

It aint about the shirt folks...........buy a clue
I need a nickname so I can tell all that I know.....

paul cowley

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2007, 03:32:23 PM »
Tim... ;D ;D ;D...and thanks.
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

Bill_McBride

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2007, 07:59:57 PM »
Mine arrived today - the blue long sleeve - very cool indeed.  Thank you guys.  ;D  I wonder if anybody will ask me, "Who's that Ross guy?"  ???

Tony Petersen

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2007, 06:39:46 PM »
Got my blue shirt today, XL, and already had a rather sweaty tryst with the local cleaning lady... Talk about a chick magnet... We need to market these to the loose ladies in LaLa land ;)

Seriously, great shirt and thanks John! ;)
Ski - U - Mah... University of Minnesota... "Seven beers followed by two Scotches and a thimble of marijuana and it's funny how sleep comes all on it's own.”

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back