News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Wigler

Columbus, Magellan, Drake...and Wigler? Caye Chapel in Belize.
« on: November 08, 2007, 09:42:28 AM »
I am going in a couple of weeks.  I cannot find a single cogent review of the golf course anywhere on the web.  All I can find on the course is blogs that read "The course is pretty, I made a 4 on...blah, blah, blah".

The Island looks like one of the coolest properties I have ever seen (Thank you to Brad Klein for alerting me to its existence).  I could not be more excited about the diving, snorkeling, fishing and food.  I am hopeful that someone can tell me about the course.  It had to be an incredible project to build.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 11:14:14 AM by David Wigler »
And I took full blame then, and retain such now.  My utter ignorance in not trumpeting a course I have never seen remains inexcusable.
Tom Huckaby 2/24/04

David Wigler

Re:Columbus, Magellan, Drake...and Wigler? Caye Chapel in Belize.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 11:17:49 AM »
I am going to pull this up for one more day.  In six years on this website, I have never asked for a golf course review and had it be silent.  Is it really possible that no one has played or heard of Caye Chapel.  Could I really be the first GCA'er to play this course?

Here is the website: http://www.belizegolf.cc/.  The course looks interesting from the air.  I cannot imagine how they built it.  If no one has played it, than I can give it the most glowing review in the history of mankind and there is no way Tommy and Shooter can say I am full of it.  This is getting cooler by the moment.

Wow! uncharted GCA territory.
And I took full blame then, and retain such now.  My utter ignorance in not trumpeting a course I have never seen remains inexcusable.
Tom Huckaby 2/24/04

George Pazin

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 11:18:41 AM »
If you are the first, you are obligated to take photos and provide a full report. :)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

David Wigler

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 12:40:37 PM »
If you are the first, you are obligated to take photos and provide a full report. :)

George,

Pictures and a full report are a given.  I haven't been around much lately, so I have not been in a real controversy in a while.  I was thinking I might do a match play of Caye Chapel vs. High Pointe or Rustic Canyon and see if Tommy's head would explode  ;)
Tom Huckaby 2/24/04

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 12:46:19 PM »
Why didn't you ask us if we wanted to go with you....

Have fun.
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 02:06:40 PM »
Be sure to ask why they decided not to add water on the 10th.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back