News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

PThomas

new book by Pat Ruddy
« on: November 02, 2007, 10:41:29 AM »
Links magazine says "Fifty Years in a Bunker" "exudes the same passion and home-cooking atmosphere created by his world renowned course...With humility, grace and insight, he documents his half-century journey to craft this stunning links.  He also doesn't hold back when it comes to his thoughts on the state of the game and course design.  All highlighted by his son Gerard's course images. ($50, theeurpoeanclub.com)"
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Jeff_Mingay

Re:new book by Pat Ruddy
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 10:46:22 AM »
Interesting.

Might be the right time for a GolfClubAtlas.com Feature Interview with Mr. Ruddy... Morrissett? Dewar?
jeffmingay.com

Tim Pitner

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 11:59:49 AM »
Interesting.

Might be the right time for a GolfClubAtlas.com Feature Interview with Mr. Ruddy... Morrissett? Dewar?

Bernhardt?

Daryl David

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 12:07:16 PM »
Having met Mr. Ruddy and talked with his several times, I have always thought there was a pretty good book if he would just record and organize his thoughts on golf.  He is such an interesting man.  You can sit and listen to him for hours only to leave and wish you'd had a tape recorder.  I hope that is what the book is like; a long converation with Mr. Ruddy over a few pints.

George Pazin

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 01:00:29 PM »
Thanks for the info, it will go on my Christmas wish list.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Bill_McBride

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 01:44:24 PM »
Interesting.

Bernhardt?

;D  I was actually wondering if there might be a chapter on our Tiger!

Mike Policano

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 02:00:39 PM »
I have been fortunate to spend some time at the European Club pro shop listening to Pat. His stories are very entertaining and insightful.

I would recommend a book of his sight unseen.

Cheers

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 12:45:02 AM »
Bill there is nothing for me to add here but let reality make its way to the surface.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back