News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Golden

Atlanta Golf this Weekend?
« on: October 17, 2007, 10:56:53 PM »
I finally made it to Atlanta this week and couldn't be happier with the area or the progress our company is making but would really like to play golf this weekend.

Anyone interested please let me know, you can call me at 407-575-6197.  My only requirement is tha that walking be allowed (no surprise for anyone that knows me).

A.G._Crockett

Re:Atlanta Golf this Weekend?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 09:09:07 AM »
Senior club championship this weekend; I hope you can find a hookup.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Bill_McBride

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 09:10:34 AM »
Mike, head on over to Longshadow, you won't be sorry at all!

Chris Cupit

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 01:13:38 PM »
Mike,

Our big Fall Tournament is this weekend but walking around 3:30 after the tournament would be no problem :)

Craig Van Egmond

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 01:24:02 PM »

Bill,

I hope that tornado didn't cause too much damage.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 02:33:38 PM »
Thanks for thinking of us.  The tornado actually went right down our street.  No damage to our house, but a big old crepe myrtle tree fell on my '65 Mustang convertible that was parked on the street because of a stack of building materials blocking the driveway to my garage!  :(

The only ray of sunshine is that the tree is on city property so I think the repairs will be their responsibility.  I just hope the old beauty is repairable.  :'(

There was quite a lot of damage in the area.  There's a big metal building church not far away.  A roof panel wound up in my back yard and I saw another panel stuck up in a power pole six blocks farther away.

5500 homes no electricity.  This is just like a hurricane but the damage is a lot less widespread and a lot more random.  None of the chairs and tables on my back deck were disturbed.....

Craig Van Egmond

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 02:39:59 PM »

Living in Oklahoma we are well versed in the randomness by which tornadoes do there damage.

I'm glad you and your family are well. Sorry about the car.

You people in Pensacola must be a hardy bunch, you seem to get all sorts of weather.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 02:54:19 PM »
Hardy or dumb?  It's a great place to live but yes, the weather can be disconcerting!  :o

Brock Peyer

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 07:42:21 PM »

Senior Club Championship?!!?!?  Senior?!?!  I don't believe it.

Mike Golden

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 09:26:43 PM »
Mike,

Our big Fall Tournament is this weekend but walking around 3:30 after the tournament would be no problem :)

Chris,

That sounds like it might work for me-I'll call you at the club tomorrow.

Mike

Mike Golden

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 09:28:13 PM »
Thanks for thinking of us.  The tornado actually went right down our street.  No damage to our house, but a big old crepe myrtle tree fell on my '65 Mustang convertible that was parked on the street because of a stack of building materials blocking the driveway to my garage!  :(

The only ray of sunshine is that the tree is on city property so I think the repairs will be their responsibility.  I just hope the old beauty is repairable.  :'(

There was quite a lot of damage in the area.  There's a big metal building church not far away.  A roof panel wound up in my back yard and I saw another panel stuck up in a power pole six blocks farther away.

5500 homes no electricity.  This is just like a hurricane but the damage is a lot less widespread and a lot more random.  None of the chairs and tables on my back deck were disturbed.....

Bill,

I've been so busy with work I haven't even had time to read about it, that must have been pretty scary.  Did Jackson's or Dharma Blue sustain any damage? ;D

I'm going to do Longshadow another weekend-maybe I can scare up a few other GCAers in the area to play with me.

Mike
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 09:29:03 PM by Mike Golden »

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 09:57:27 PM »

Senior Club Championship?!!?!?  Senior?!?!  I don't believe it.

I'm not only 55, I'm high mileage as well, I fear.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Mike Golden

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2007, 05:55:31 PM »
I wound up playing River Pines in Alpharetta today.  Amazingly, all four of us walked.

I liked the course very much, particularly for a muni.  Lots of variety, some good use of elevation changes, and some interesting green complexes-several of them are built into hillsides and are presented at angles to the fairway.

3 of us have a 9:20 tee time next Sunday, anyone interested in joining us as a 4th is welcome. If anyone is interested in playing Longshadow sometime soon that would be great also.

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2007, 08:29:40 PM »
I wound up playing River Pines in Alpharetta today.  Amazingly, all four of us walked.

I liked the course very much, particularly for a muni.  Lots of variety, some good use of elevation changes, and some interesting green complexes-several of them are built into hillsides and are presented at angles to the fairway.

3 of us have a 9:20 tee time next Sunday, anyone interested in joining us as a 4th is welcome. If anyone is interested in playing Longshadow sometime soon that would be great also.

Glad you enjoyed River Pines.  It is generally below the radar for public golf, but is a very solid and enjoyable Denis Griffiths design that is generally in excellent condition.  It also has a 9 hole executive course attached that is a lot of fun and a nice place for kids and beginners to learn to play.

I think the land the course is on has been in the owners' family for a long, long time.  I keep waiting to hear that they have sold it for development, but apparently they want to hang on to it, and God bless 'em!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back