News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Brad Tufts

Denver Publics
« on: October 17, 2007, 01:39:24 PM »
Hi all...

I will be in Denver next week, and was looking to squeeze in a round.  What are the public favorites?

I've heard Murphy Creek is decent, they have the '08 publinks.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Jay Flemma

Re:Denver Publics
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 01:41:56 PM »
Red hawk Ridge:

http://jayflemma.thegolfspace.com/?p=152

Fossil Trace:

http://jayflemma.thegolfspace.com/?p=165

AND YES, GO RED SOX!!!!!!!

RED SOX NATION!!!  RED SOX NATION!!!!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 01:43:02 PM by Jay Flemma »

Peter Zarlengo

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 02:08:27 PM »
As I've said before, my favorites in the Denver area are:

Buffalo Run (Foster)
Riverdale Dunes (Pete Dye)
Green Valley Ranch (Perry Dye)
Murphy Creek (Kavanagh)

All are resonably priced, well taken care of, and fun places to play.

Brad Swanson

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 03:51:54 PM »
Riverdale Dunes
Murphy Creek
Fossil Trace (if you haven't experienced Jim Engh's work yet)
Green Valley Ranch (I head the 2001 Club Champion from there is quite a stick :))

Each of these are under the $60 barrier, with Riverdale Dunes and Murphy Creek costing less than $50 last time I played there a few years ago.

Cheers,
Brad

Tim Pitner

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 04:16:25 PM »
Riverdale Dunes is comfortably the best public course in the area and is usually in great shape in the fall and winter.  

I'm a little surprised Green Valley Ranch gets so much love.  It's worth playing, but I'd rate both Buffalo Run and Heritage at Westmoor above it.  

Mike Benham

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 04:27:25 PM »
I have played Willis Case and unless you are visiting Regis University or are a Shriner, there are better choices.
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Tim Leahy

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 05:44:51 PM »
I was there in Sept. and Murphy Creek's greens weren't in the best of shape although I liked the course, prairie with some forced carries over gulch's.
Fossil Trace was great if you like quirky quarry holes and changes in elevation, very fun to play and in great shape.
Riverdale Dunes was not in great shape, but challenging links/prairie course, not expensive.
Played a new one, Heritage Todd Creek that was immaculate and very challenging prairie course.
From past trips my favorite in the area is the Golf Club at Bear Dance in Castle Rock area-trees, changes in elevation, great views and very challenging.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back