News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adam Clayman

Dubb's Dread Rees Jones Changes
« on: November 30, 2007, 01:24:28 PM »
Thanks to Geoff's site here's a link to some images and descriptions.

http://www.chicagolandgolf.com/coghillconstruction2.html
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Mark Smolens

Re:Dubb's Dread Rees Jones Changes
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 10:52:21 AM »
Having played Dubsdread so many times, the pictures have really whetted (sp?) my appetite to get back out there.  Mr. Jemsek gave us a ride around the back nine in mid-October, and it's amazing how much has been completed since then.

I'm not certain that the powers that be at the USGA really care that Joe Jemsek's dream was to bring a national open to his baby, but in my opinion Frank, Catherine, and the rest of the family deserve a lot of credit for this effort.  It's not as if they've got money to burn -- Dubs is their cash cow, and to shut it down for an entire year (which was not their initial preference, they wanted to do it over time so that the revenue would not be completely lost).

There is little question that the changes will make the course harder for us chops, but we'll just have to see what they will do for the big kids. . .

Adam Clayman

Re:Dubb's Dread Rees Jones Changes
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 11:00:20 AM »
Mark, It appears from the surface these changes are not going to significantly alter the golf course. A new bunker on 16 was my only head scratcher. I was unaware that hole needed any changes.

Was there any mention of any tree removal?

What do you remember about any changes to the second hole?
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back