News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

paul cowley

Re:Tiger completes three holes in Dubai
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2007, 11:21:22 AM »
No Sean, I haven't.....I would assume its rather flattish, but then again it might have a fair amount of movement not far in from the coast. I googled it once and it seemed to have some coastal outcroppings to the north [or the south].

Could you share with us some more informed information?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 11:22:15 AM by paul cowley »
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

Michael Christensen

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2007, 02:09:24 PM »
did anyone see the 60 minutes segment on dubai a few weeks back......there are rows of "mansions" sitting empty....the leader said these homes are used once or twice a year by the ultra wealthy......this area is fantasyland...tiger is just cashing in and building a place for his stay there 4 days a year for the golf tournament.

Steve Okula

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2007, 02:39:57 PM »

I'm also curious to see what happens when population growth leads to contentious struggles for water rights in that neck of the world.

Immense desalinization plants with no financial restraints could provide unlimited fresh water for infinity.
The small wheel turns by the fire and rod,
the big wheel turns by the grace of God.

Brock Peyer

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2007, 04:07:36 PM »
I think that this quotes is a bit brash:

"The complexity in those three holes ... has set a different benchmark in the golfing industry," said Abdulla Al Gurg, the project director for The Tiger Woods Dubai.

I guess that benchmark that is referred to is the amount of money? or pomposity?

I don't see the need for 50,000 square feet for your main home let alone a second home.  That's just obscene.  Are they giving it to him?  Is it part of the deal. Not, that he can't afford it.  I hope that all don't offend all of you with 50,000 square foot homes.

Lester George

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2007, 09:35:15 PM »
I remember when Beruit was considered the next great Eden on Earth.  I wonder what will happen when Iran wants to take it from the people who own it.  Are they going to "throw money" at them?

I guess 25 years in the Army has made me a cinic.  Ya think?

Lester

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back