News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

War Admiral at Glen Riddle(Furyk) near Ocean City, MD
« on: October 06, 2007, 07:15:21 AM »
Has anyone played here or the companion course- Man O' War? I'm thinking of a quick fall trip to the Southern Delaware/Ocean City, MD area. I previously played The Rookery and Baywood Greens.The following review is very interesting- 14 forced carries. Both courses at Glen Riddle will go private eventually. Ruth Chris' Steakhouse in the Clubhouse?

Here's the review:

http://tinyurl.com/32u98d

www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070920/SPORTS/709200401/-1/GOLF

Here's a review of Man O' War:

www.golfinamigos.com/Reviews/CourseReview.asp?CourseID=573&ReviewID=130

Here's the club's website:

www.glenriddlegolf.com

« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 09:33:01 AM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Mike_Cirba

Re:War Admiral at Glen Riddle(Furyk) near Ocean City, MD
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 11:55:07 AM »
Steve,

I'm going to try and get down there this winter.

David Carroll told me that he really likes the course solely designed by Joel Weiman and said the Furyk-involved one is a bit more contrived.

Also, a fellow who works for me was just down there last week and had good things to say.  

Tommy_Naccarato

Re:War Admiral at Glen Riddle(Furyk) near Ocean City, MD
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 06:06:56 AM »
No I haven't. But I've played a little scrapper/Seabiscuit of a golf course called Santa Anita, which is in the shadows of America's Most Legendary Race Track of the same name, and it's a "10" as far as I'm concerned.

What a great place this could be if the County could get the right guy in there to restore it. They also have some template holes named, Redan, Chasm, Road, Plateau, and version of Pine Valley #13.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back