News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jonathan Davison

Golf In Czech Republic
« on: October 03, 2007, 11:09:27 AM »
A number of recent threads talked about golf courses and golf development in Eastern Europe. I have been working in Czech Republic with golf architect Jeremy Ford and shaper Mick McShane for around 6 weeks. Beautiful country with potential for golf & tourism, I know of a number of projects in construction but I wouldn't call it a boom. I have promised to post a few photographs for a while so I hope they work??

Hole 12

Hole 4

Hole 2

Hole 2
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 11:15:31 AM by jonny D »

Tony_Muldoon

Re:Golf In Czech Republic
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 06:20:21 PM »
More info please Jonny.

Where, soil and terrain, target market, type of course, that kind of thing?

Neat pics BTW
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 06:20:38 PM by Tony Muldoon »
Let's make GCA grate again!

Jonathan Davison

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 04:05:36 AM »
Tony
The development is around 15-20 minutes outside of Prague City centre. It is a currently a 27 hole project on a flat piece of ground, but we have moved some dirt to create a bit of interest. We have created a bit of a rustic linksy type feel on a number of holes which are pictured, but it will also feature a bit of water.
The project is really a creative process for everyone involved
everybody is having fun as well as an input to design & construction issues.
The soil is the some of best I have worked with, subsoil is almost like topsoil. Even after a heavy shower the ground is still workable. There is a few electricity cables around the site which detract from the Czech landscape but most of these will be removed.
The course will be a public playing course which I'm sure the Czech's and any one else visiting will enjoy.
I will post some more photo's as things progress.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 05:34:38 PM »
Prague is a great weekend, we were there 3 years ago for the opening weekend of the Christmas fair.  Hard to see how you can fail.   Best of luck and keep us informed.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back