News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joe Hancock

Re:I got three words for ya...Kelly! Blake! Moran!
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2007, 06:26:08 PM »
I'll tell ya how cold it was...there was only one dork pointing and waving his arms...... ;D

" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

JMorgan

Re:I got three words for ya...Kelly! Blake! Moran! New
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2007, 06:35:04 PM »
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 03:47:40 PM by jm »

Jay Flemma

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2007, 06:36:08 PM »
I'll tell ya how cold it was...there was only one dork pointing and waving his arms...... ;D

Brilliant! ;D  That's so us!

James Bennett

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2007, 06:41:17 PM »

Actually Joe, I think he (Doak) mainly had his hands in his pockets - blue jeans of course.

but then again, Tony Muldoon was also providing a lot of directions in an excited manner.  Perhaps he was the one ....

It could have been a lot colder as well.  Ah, great days.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Dan Kelly

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2007, 08:02:34 PM »
Does anyone know why he picked Blandon to set up shop?

He was hoping that, as a local boy, he'd have the inside track on the next assignment at Blandon Dunes.
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Mike_Cirba

Re:Kelly Blake Moran carving a great niche
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2007, 10:04:31 PM »

This picture is just begging for a caption contest.

Where's the fuc*ing tee on this hole??  

Robert Mercer Deruntz

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2007, 11:15:37 PM »
I am a huge fan of Laurel Links.  I think that it is almosty great with an opportunity to achieve greatness and challenge the best courses of eastern LI.  Until the trees are taken care of on holes 11 and 13 it will never achieve such status.  Also, there are a few places on the greens that need to be softened so that they can be pinned--left tier of 1, most of 7, front of 9, left half of 10, and parts of 16.  Unfortunately, the majority of players left the US Open Q with a bad taste for the golf course and these bad impressions do work against it being considered among the greats of eastern LI.  Hopefully, there can be redemption.

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2007, 05:14:36 AM »
In honor of Kelly, some Texas humor:

Due to the popularity of the Survivor shows, Texas is planning to do its own, entitled Survivor - Texas Style. The contestants will start in Dallas, travel to Waco, Austin, San Antonio, over to Houston and down to Brownsville. They will then proceed up to Del Rio, on to El Paso, then to Midland, Odessa, Lubbock and Amarillo. From there, they'll proceed to Abilene, Ft. Worth and finally back to Dallas.

Each will be driving a pink Volvo with a bumper sticker that reads,
"I'm gay, I'm a vegetarian, I voted for Al Gore, George Strait Sucks, Hillary in 2008, and I'm here to confiscate your guns!" The first one to make it back to Dallas alive wins!

Eric Franzen

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2007, 05:18:11 AM »

Due to the popularity of the Survivor shows, Texas is planning to do its own, entitled Survivor - Texas Style. The contestants will start in Dallas, travel to Waco, Austin, San Antonio, over to Houston and down to Brownsville. They will then proceed up to Del Rio, on to El Paso, then to Midland, Odessa, Lubbock and Amarillo. From there, they'll proceed to Abilene, Ft. Worth and finally back to Dallas.

"I'm gay, I'm a vegetarian, I voted for Al Gore, George Strait Sucks, Hillary in 2008, and I'm here to confiscate your guns!" The first one to make it back to Dallas alive wins!

Make it a pink Volvo C30 just to increase the challenge a bit.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2007, 06:38:17 AM »

The BBC has a car show called Top Gear, whose presenters have a somewhat puerile sense of humour.  It regularly features contests between the three presenters.  In one, last year, they had to buy a car in California for less than the price of a flight to Miami and then drive to Florida.  Along the way they faced a number of challenges.  One, in Alabama, was to paint their vehicles in such a way as to annoy rednecks.  Your description sounds spot on.  Cars were painted pink and had pro-gay and pro-Hilary slogans daubed on them.  The episode was cut short after a visit to a gas station where the proprietor called her sons on the 'phone, who, with some friends, started a lynch mob and chased the crew out waving shot guns from their trucks.  I think the fear on the faces of the presenters was genuine.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 06:39:34 AM by Mark Pearce »
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back