News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Scott_Park

Golf in Chile
« on: September 12, 2007, 08:43:37 PM »
I have been poking around the net and Google-Earth looking at Chile.  While there seems to be a several courses down  there, there is very little hard info about golf in Chile.

Does anyone have any experience with golf in Chile or in general for that matter?

Thanks,

Scott

Randy Thompson

Re:Golf in Chile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 03:20:31 PM »
Scott,
I can give you all the information you would like about golf in Chile. You will also find some basic information in my feature interview this month. You can also contact me at agolf@chilesat.net and will be glad to give you any hard infromation that might interest you. Take care!
Randy Thompson :)

David_Tepper

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 03:36:00 PM »
Randy -

With Chile's enormous coastline, is there much linksland to be found there? If so, would some of it be available for golf course development?

DT

Randy Thompson

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 03:42:28 PM »
David,
 Most of the coast line is rocky but there are few areas of sand dunes, we did one that finsihed in 2000 in La Serrena. There seems to be better more drastic dune property in Argentina and northern Brazil.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 04:00:29 PM »
Randy,  Costa Rica seems to be the best known Latin American golf destination.  Are there any others that will be contenders in the near future?
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Randy Thompson

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 04:10:27 PM »
Tommy,
Panama has better climate or at least isolated areas with better climate. Costa Rica tourism dept has done an excellent job on marketing Costa Rica but i expect Panama to surpass them in the upcoming years. I know of two Niicklaus projects under development there and also a TPC may have broken ground with a serious group that I was talking to a couple of years ago. I have made several tours and looked at a lot of properties with potential and the goverment cooperations temperature there is perfect. There are so many sky scrapper being built and americans are purchasing apartments and second homes like crazy. There money seems to go further then in Florida or other typical US retirement areas and there are no hurricanes.  

JWL

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 10:55:03 PM »
Nicklaus has a new course in Frutillar, Chile on the  southern coast.
It is a beautiful site overlooking a large lake that links to the Pacific Ocean.
It is going to be called Patagonia Virgin.   The routing plan has been staked and construction should start after the beginning of the year.  It has a climate similar to the Oregon coast.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back