News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Benham

Harding to host 2009 President's Cup
« on: September 27, 2007, 11:07:22 AM »
SF Chron Story

As the article notes, they will reroute the holes so that the "signature holes" (yes, plural) will be guaranteed to be in each match.

The routing will be:

Front nine: 10-11-12-13-4-5-6-2-3

Back nine: 14-8-15-16-17-18-1-7-9

Seems reasonable to me although I am not sure if the old 18 is a good match play hole.

OT Question for the Wie Watchers from the article:  Will she be hitting off of mats at the Stanford driving range "just like any other student"?
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Brian_Ewen

Re:Harding to host 2009 President's Cup
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 11:18:46 AM »
Any word on , where in the Americas they will hold the 2011 Event ?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 11:19:13 AM by Brian_Ewen »

AndrewB

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 11:34:41 AM »
The routing will be:

Front nine: 10-11-12-13-4-5-6-2-3

Back nine: 14-8-15-16-17-18-1-7-9

The 3-14-8-15 stretch will be awkward, but six to two is actually a shorter walk than six to seven, as is one to seven instead of one to two (though not by much).

OT Question for the Wie Watchers from the article:  Will she be hitting off of mats at the Stanford driving range "just like any other student"?

I had heard from someone that worked over at the Stanford driving range that Wie was going to be given access to practice at the team facilities.  From the article, I don't know if that's changed or if they are just preventing her from practicing at the same time as organized team practices.

I suspect there are courses nearby that would be more than happy to have Michelle Wie on their grass range, so I don't expect to see her next to me on the mats any time soon.
"I think I have landed on something pretty fine."

Tim Leahy

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 03:15:49 PM »
SF Chron Story

With her money in the bank I would think she has a membership at Sharon Heights CC and uses that range. I don't see her mingling with the local riff raff.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back