News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Gavrich

Bryan Park; Greensboro, NC
« on: September 27, 2007, 06:58:12 PM »
I've played my way into our second tournament of the year.  This one's being hosted by Guilford College (I believe), and as the title suggests, is being held at the Championship course at Bryan Park.  I notice that it's holding the US PubLinx in 2010...it's a Rees Jones course.  How is it?  Looks pretty long and without much variety (most par 4s seem to be in the 400-450 range).  I notice a couple scenic holes on the lake.

How does it compare to the Championship course at Tanglewood?

Thanks.

--Tim
Senior Writer, GolfPass

David_Madison

Re:Bryan Park; Greensboro, NC
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 07:13:55 PM »
Good course, very typical Rees Jones look. Big greens with some slope, but nothing very tricky. Nothing unusual in terms of shotmaking required, but there are some places that a little advance study will help. Nice holes in the area of the lake. Not anywhere near as challenging as Tanglewood.

AndrewB

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 09:53:28 PM »
The tournament is actually hosted by Greensboro College.  The Guilford tournament is the following week at Greensboro CC's Farm Course and it looks like you guys are going to that one too (you do go to W&L, right?).

I have only played Bryan Park once and it was a very long time ago so I can't really offer any comments other than that I apparently didn't feel a strong enough desire to ever go back.  Not that I really was picking where I went to play most days back then.

I haven't played the Farm Course but I've heard nothing but good things about it.
"I think I have landed on something pretty fine."

Greg Holland

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 09:45:26 AM »
As David said, Bryan Park is a good course, and pretty typical Rees Jones.  As a public course, you can't beat the price.  It is a difficult walk -- but they may ferry you between some of the holes for the tournament.  

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 11:12:44 PM »
The tournament is actually hosted by Greensboro College.  The Guilford tournament is the following week at Greensboro CC's Farm Course and it looks like you guys are going to that one too (you do go to W&L, right?).

I have only played Bryan Park once and it was a very long time ago so I can't really offer any comments other than that I apparently didn't feel a strong enough desire to ever go back.  Not that I really was picking where I went to play most days back then.

I haven't played the Farm Course but I've heard nothing but good things about it.
My bad.  Guilford hosts the one at Greensboro CC.

I am indeed a General, though I struggle to find a picture of the W&L trident small enough to pose as my avatar here.

Any more takers for comments on BP?  Thanks for the responses so far.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Evan_Smith

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 02:42:09 AM »
Tim
We never played it in College, but I heard lots of good things from other College players.  I don't want to hijack your post, but how do you like Lexington CC?  I played well there in the two tourney's we played at the course.  One of my fav. hats is a navy W&L hat that was given away for a closest to the pin prize (the first and only I've ever seen at a College event).  It was on a drop shot par 3 on the front (3rd or 4th maybe) and we couldn't even see the green because of the fog!  I also got a really nice etched glass prize for finishing 3rd in the tournament.  I hope you're having fun at school.  It was the best 4 years of my life.

I went to Longwood btw.
Evan

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back