News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

ForkaB

Re:Who's more overrated, Cinnabar Hills or Steve Nash?
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2005, 09:27:04 AM »
Never forget Carl ("two hand over hand set shot") Braun or Bruno Sammortino or the first and only gay wrestler, Ricki Starr, or even the greatest of them all (Muhammed Ali and Elvis NOT excluded) Antonino Rocca.

And I thank god that I have deleted from my computer Huckabee's mindless rants against Cinnabar 3-4 years ago when he was trying to be posh...

And who the hell is Steve Nash, and who cares?

Oh, and let's add a smiley face, just for insurance..... ;D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 09:28:07 AM by Rich Goodale »

THuckaby2

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2005, 09:32:25 AM »
And I thank god that I have deleted from my computer Huckabee's mindless rants against Cinnabar 3-4 years ago when he was trying to be posh...

Mr. Goodayle:

The fact that you don't know who Steve Nash is pleases me to no end.  In fact I have never gotten such joy out of any post here ever.   ;D ;D ;D

As for the above, your legendary selective memory strikes again.  I have never waivered in my evaluation of the course I have played oh so many more times than you.

In any case, you shoulda seen it yesterday... it's hard to deny spirituality and golf on a day like that.

TH
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 09:33:11 AM by Tom Huckaby »

ForkaB

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2005, 09:43:14 AM »
Tom

Of course I know who Steve Nash is.  Stop smelling the chemicals and face reality............ ;)

THuckaby2

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2005, 09:46:26 AM »
Mr. Goodail:

Hell, you've been gone so long, and are so up on all things Scottish and English and otherishes, and seem to affiliate yourself so stongly with such ishes, it sure as hell was not hard for me to believe you'd be clueless about the best player in the best sport played today.

;D

But I am now even more heartened, as word of his greatness has seemed to have reached the world where footballs are knocked off one's head intentionally.

;D ;D

« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 09:46:40 AM by Tom Huckaby »

Mike_Golden

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2005, 10:58:06 AM »
I was always a big fan of Bobo Brazil handing out assists like cocoabutts;  Carl Braun was more of a 2 than a 1 since he liked to shoot (a lot).  

So Huck, did you play golf yesterday at Cinnabar?

THuckaby2

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2005, 12:43:34 PM »
I was always a big fan of Bobo Brazil handing out assists like cocoabutts;  Carl Braun was more of a 2 than a 1 since he liked to shoot (a lot).  

So Huck, did you play golf yesterday at Cinnabar?

Yes I did.  I did a brief summary somewhere on here today... there it is, higher up in this thread.

It was VERY nice.

I birdied your "favorite" hole - the one on the Canyon nine with the tree in the middle of the fairway - and man it was so damn peaceful and beautiful back there...and it felt so damn good to hit a golf ball decently and without too much pain... well... it made me halfway forgive myself for eating meat on Fridays all these recent years.

;D ;D

Mike_Golden

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2005, 12:51:28 PM »
Mike B,

We can, Joanie Weston used to be a pretty regular guest on Gary Radnich's radio show.  Anything to effectively hijack yet another thread and run up Huck's weekly posting total ;D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 12:51:48 PM by Mike_Golden »

John Kirk

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2005, 12:44:46 AM »
While I'm sitting here watching the Suns-Mavericks game , I felt compelled to comment further.

Mr. Simper brings up very good points about Phoenix.  Not only is Nash an average defender, but Phoenix is quite small, and small teams rarely advance far into the playoffs.  Once again, San Antonio looks like the class of the Western Conference.  They're big, smart, and disciplined.

This week's Sports Illustrated picks Nash to finish second in the MVP voting, behind Shaquille O'Neal.  His team , Miami, is highly improved this year also.  I think they're right.  Big Shaq is incredibly valuable.

San Antonio over Miami in the finals.

John Kirk

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2005, 12:46:33 AM »
Oh yeah, and I had thought of Roller Derby, Joanie Weston, and Charlie O'Connell before they were mentioned.  The owner/proprietor of the Roller Derby league, Jerry Seltzer, lived across the street from my best friend when I was in grade school.

Mike Benham

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2007, 01:17:13 AM »
Some photos of the over/under-rated Cinnabar Hills:

"... and I liked the guy ..."

John Kirk

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2007, 01:25:02 AM »
I don't like that uphill hole, which is like no. 7 on one of the nines.

Well, I see I incorrectly chose San Antonio over Miami, where I should have said Miami over Dallas.

Steve Nash now has two MVP trophies, and does not seem over-rated, though the jury is out whether he will win a championship.  There's never been a more skillful player with his off hand.  Great left hand.

And Joanie Weston and Charlie O'Connell were still mini-heroes to me on weekend Roller Derby matches on black and white television.

Jim Nugent

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2007, 06:53:14 AM »

Steve Nash ...There's never been a more skillful player with his off hand.  Great left hand.

Maybe Pistol Pete?  A one-man Harlem Globetrotters show.  Someone figured that if they had the 3-point line when he played college hoops, he would have averaged 57 points a game.  

Kalen Braley

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2007, 08:52:26 AM »
So the question begs to be asked again.

Huck, which is more over-rated Nash or Cinnibar?  And remember despite the MVPs, Stevie still has no rings and with the Spurs still in top form, its looking unlikely for him.

Tim Pitner

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2007, 06:40:01 PM »
I haven't even played the course, but I can tell you the answer is not Steve Nash.  

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back