News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Young

Re:If you were going to spend your Wedding Night on a golf hole....
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2007, 02:29:16 PM »
I didn't want to go first, but since TomP's given us the green flag ;D.

I'm having a little struggle with this one because I happen to be engaged at this time ....but we have yet to set a date.

Oh, its not that I haven't had my share of rehearsals at different qualifying locations [but never a Dress one].....and I think that stars are a big factor in choosing the site.

In the sky.

In ones eyes.

Its all just so confusing......emotions are always to blame.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut this post a little short.....
Sand can be quite a hazard......
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

TEPaul

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2007, 03:53:38 PM »
"We finally have found something in common....."

MikeY:

If you mean you did the same thing down in Palm Beach back then, then you remember the way it was.

I swear me and my girlfriend tried out every single dark lane and cul de sac on the island and the cops were always on us at the worst of times.

I guess those Palm Beach cops got paid a lot and they sure didn't have any hard crime to worry about and deal with so they basically took it out on people like me out to get some nooky off those rich pre-deb Palm Beach girls on Christmas and Spring vacations.

So in defense I decided on one of the greens at the Everglades club because that way at least one could see the fuzz coming far enough off to get decent again.

Those were the days, BOY!

Jay Flemma

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2007, 04:06:15 PM »
I wanna propose on the 11th green at Arcadia Bluffs..

Gene Greco

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2007, 04:12:42 PM »
Geez, Louise. You guys are golf architecture wacko.

There's MUCH better "architecture" to "study" on your wedding night.

How about ANY hole in Hawaii overlooking the ocean?

Sheesh.
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Matt MacIver

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2007, 04:34:31 PM »
If it's a wedding go to the Chapel (Sistine) of golf.  I hear the walk between 15 and 16 is nice and secluded....

Joe Hancock

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2007, 04:44:19 PM »
Tom Paul,

"...hard crime..."

Interesting choice of words.... :o

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Emmy

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2007, 04:57:46 PM »
One August afternoon, we played a round of golf at Pebble Beach Golf Links. At dusk, we slipped into gown and tuxedo, then exchanged brief vows on the balcony of our room overlooking the 18th green. The only noise in range was an unanticipated congratulatory applause we received from a foursome of nearby golfers. The post-ceremony round was the next day at Pacific Grove Muni GC.

Mike Erdmann

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2007, 05:02:29 PM »
Is this thread (and the related two) proof that GCA.com has jumped the shark?   ???

Joe Hancock

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2007, 05:20:17 PM »
Is this thread (and the related two) proof that GCA.com has jumped the shark?   ???

No Mike, the real proof is that every time an oddball, off topic thread gets started, someone comes on to bemoan the fact that GCA has "jumped the shark"......it's time for that phrase to go away.

These are some weird threads, I would agree to that. But, you get 1500 people together, and you'll have some stuff that seems unnecessary and off topic to you.

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2007, 05:30:24 PM »
Paul
The 17th at Sawgrass. You can't lose. Put one in the drink, the golfing's over for the night real quick, and so you win. Hit one on the green, feel all manly and puffed-up just as the honeymoon's getting started, and so you win again. Either way, you win. You cannot lose!

And they talk about the 17th being tough in 'tournament conditions'. Ha

Peter

Norbert P

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2007, 09:05:01 PM »
Me and my future ex-wife would not tell you voyeuristic bastards where we'd be putting.  But, definitely above a beach where fert has not been sprinkled and Mr. Spackler has not tinkled.
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Norbert P

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2007, 02:08:37 PM »

The 11th tee at Royal Dornoch Links  (Photo courtesy of Sir Richard from his "My Home Course" report.  
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Matthew Hunt

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2007, 11:05:00 AM »
As far as holes I've played, Probably #9 at RCD.

Ever been up there when the suns not out, you need about ten layers on ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back