News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

TEPaul

Re:The Noses of Principals
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2007, 09:57:30 PM »
Corey:

Of course I don't know that hole at all but just looking at it (including what appears to be a good diagonal along the right side of the green) I can't see how that hole wouldn't be a bit more interesting (given its length as a short par 5) to take the fairway just about along the edge of the photograph all the way to the back of the green! If that were done it seems to me play from the right of the green from 100 yards and in would be more interesting than having it in rough. ;)

Think, for instance, if the 10th hole at NGLA was a short par 5. Would the hole be more interesting if the present fairway to the right of the green was in rough? I don't think so. If you bail out to the right of the present 10th at NGLA your options from over there in that rather large expanse of fairway are multiple and it's not an easy shot no matter how you slice it, particularly to a pin on the front.

This hole at SHCC with the bunkers along the right of the green is even more interesting and intense from over there on the right as it should be as a short par 5.

If the hole had fairway as I mentioned it might tempt more players to go at that green in two or be more aggressive on their second shots. How could that not be a good thing on a hole like that?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 10:04:11 PM by TEPaul »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back