News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

dsilk

Re:Courses Everyone Loves
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2007, 01:19:50 PM »
can bermuda be annexed for Mid-ocean?

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2007, 01:34:01 PM »
If we changed the name of an unpopular course from XXX to "Raymond Golf Links" would everybody love it?
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2007, 03:43:31 PM »
Actually there is quite a bit of negative comment on Friars Head, mostly concerning the holes down in the flat area of the 'potato field' which some find pedestrian compared to the higher up holes in the dunes.  But when you look hard at those lower holes, they are beautifully designed and it makes for one of those wonderful in and out of different environment courses that are so much fun to play.  And the transitional par 5s (#2, #7, #11 and #14) that take you first down and then up - like escalators!   - make it all work.  

Tom,
Bill McBride stated that he heard negative comment, then justified that negative comment with positive feedback, thus eloquently stating his opinion. He has seen the course and streeses in his statements here that, 'it all works together.'

Craig is right. I am making this about you because it is YOU!;)

Matt MacIver

« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2007, 04:04:35 PM »
Old MacDonald?  Oops, revisit same summer 2010.  

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2007, 04:15:35 PM »
Actually there is quite a bit of negative comment on Friars Head, mostly concerning the holes down in the flat area of the 'potato field' which some find pedestrian compared to the higher up holes in the dunes.  But when you look hard at those lower holes, they are beautifully designed and it makes for one of those wonderful in and out of different environment courses that are so much fun to play.  And the transitional par 5s (#2, #7, #11 and #14) that take you first down and then up - like escalators!   - make it all work.  

Tom,
Bill McBride stated that he heard negative comment, then justified that negative comment with positive feedback, thus eloquently stating his opinion. He has seen the course and streeses in his statements here that, 'it all works together.'

Craig is right. I am making this about you because it is YOU!;)

Tommy:  OK, fair enough.  I make a perfectly fair comment and I get shit just because it's me.  I didn't know you were family.

;D

Obviously I ASSUMED the course is fantastic - I just made a simple comment that I have heard some negatives, one with which Bill agreed.  Apologies for not stating the assumption... but given all the other courses I listed, I thought it pretty obvious.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 04:41:05 PM by Tom Huckaby »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back