News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brian Laurent

Another Newbie
« on: August 22, 2007, 10:23:48 PM »
Hello everyone.  I saw Roger's introduction and figured I had better do the same.  One of my former employers introduced me to GCA a few years ago and I've been addicted ever since.

My father is a golf course superintendent, so I grew up in the golf business...have worked as a caddie, on the course and in the shop.  I've been very fortunate to have traveled with my father to some great courses and have developed a love for design and strategy.  

As a player...I was a walk-on at THE Ohio State University (sorry, had to throw in THE).  After school I was in the golf business for a few years and finally decided I would rather play golf than watch others do it.  Now I try to be a weekend warrior and play as much customer golf as possible!  

Sorry for the long bio...I look forward to participating on the GCA boards.  Anyone else in the Columbus area, let me know if you ever need a 4th!  

Best regards,

Brian
"You know the two easiest jobs in the world? College basketball coach or golf course superintendent, because everybody knows how to do your job better than you do." - Roy Williams | @brianjlaurent | @OHSuperNetwork

John Kavanaugh

Re:Another Newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 11:00:04 PM »
Brian,

Did Nicklaus ever graduate from TOSU like normal people do or did they give him a honorary degree?

Brian Laurent

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 07:28:05 AM »
pretty sure Jack only went three years...I'm leaning towards the honorary degree.  It's a good thing his golfing career worked out!
"You know the two easiest jobs in the world? College basketball coach or golf course superintendent, because everybody knows how to do your job better than you do." - Roy Williams | @brianjlaurent | @OHSuperNetwork

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 07:32:16 AM »
That is all I can find.  This calling yourself an alumnus thing gets me confused in that for some reason you don't need to graduate.

Roger Tufts

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 10:16:31 PM »
As another new board member, I welcome you  :D
Cornell University '11 - Tedesco Country Club - Next Golf Vacation: Summer 2015 @ Nova Scotia & PEI (14 Rounds)

Kyle Harris

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 10:29:59 PM »
Great, another Luckeye  ::)

Haha, all in good fun... Welcome!

John Gosselin

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 06:38:32 AM »
Brian, welcome. I went to PSU with your father and was lucky enough to play Saucon several times while he was there.

Please tell him I said hello.
Great golf course architects, like great poets, are born, note made.
Meditations of a Peripatetic Golfer 1922

Sean Remington (SBR)

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 08:35:16 AM »
Brian,

Good to see you on GCA. I know your parents also and please say hi for me. Hope everyone is doing great.

Sean

Brian Laurent

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 09:19:06 AM »
John/Sean-
Thanks for the note...I'll see them this weekend and will be sure to tell them hello.  
Thanks again,
Brian

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back