News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Johnny_Browne

Re:Walker Cup Chances
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2007, 03:20:46 PM »
I will try to meet you there - of course the matches might not make the 18th (Not at this stage saying who might have won) - 7000-9000 expected each day with a lot of local support as 2 northern Ireland golfers on GB&I team.  I hope you all have a great trip and enjoy the Irish hospitality.
Johnny

Rich Goodale

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2007, 12:10:45 PM »
As entertaining and irreverent as ever, the principal's view on the USA team selection.

The Principal ought to learn how to spell the name of his Captain correctly.  I give him no marks and ask him to go to his room and revise for the resitting of his exams. :'(

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2007, 03:59:18 PM »
Could it be that Peter Dawson's telephone call to the USGA (suggesting that Drew Weaver’s inclusion in the US team would be an added fillip to the competition) was considered presumptuous and should be “ utterly cryit doon?”

Bob

Matthew Hunt

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2007, 04:32:06 PM »
Saturday, 11.00 it is, behind the 18th green.  I look forward to meeting you all again. Mark.

Im probaly working so I might not make it.

Brian_Ewen

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2007, 05:08:15 PM »
Walker Cup tickets available at the gates
A limited number of tickets will be available for spectators who turn up at Royal County Down on each day of the Walker Cup match this weekend as Great Britain and Ireland attempt to regain the trophy from the United States.

David Hill, Director of Championships for The R&A said: “We initially intended permitting 8,000 spectators in on each of the two days but in May decided to increase the daily attendance to 10,000.

“There are still roughly 1,000 tickets left for each day and we will be allowing these spectators to pay at the gates.”

Tom Renli

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2007, 11:42:17 PM »
No tv coverage in the US or have I just not seen the airtimes?

RT

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2007, 01:05:22 AM »
Tom,

From the USGA Walker Cup Website

Television Coverage
ABC Sept. 9, 2-4 p.m. EDT

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back