News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill_McBride

Great Bernard Darwin Lines
« on: August 22, 2007, 05:58:53 PM »
Thanks to Tom MacWood for posting his fine work of compiling Darwin's golf course reviews.  There are so many fine examples but this is one of my favorites, from his review of Royal County Down:

"To my mind, the man who objects to blind tee shots over big hills is in grave danger of being a golfing prig..."

What are the blind shots in America that can be mentioned in the same breath as the blind tee shots at Royal County Down?  Are there any?

#9 Pacific Dunes is blind, and it's fun, but can it match RCD and other links courses in the UK?

The back left pin at #10 Friars Head is fun too, but...?

Bonus credit for photos!  ;D

Mike Benham

Re:Great Bernard Darwin Lines
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 06:31:11 PM »
Having never been to RCD, I can't do the comparison but I would throw in the 16th at Pasatiempo.

"... and I liked the guy ..."

James Bennett

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 07:55:12 PM »
Cypress Point #8

(I don't think the good doctor planned the 'blind' shot from the first).

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Jim Sweeney

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 08:30:05 PM »
#5- Fishers Island

"Hope and fear, hope and Fear, that's what people see when they play golf. Not me. I only see happiness."

" Two things I beleive in: good shoes and a good car. Alligator shoes and a Cadillac."

Moe Norman

Adam Clayman

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 09:26:11 PM »
#1 CPC

#8 Pebble Beach

#9 Wilshire CC

"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 12:23:50 PM »
Shivas, it is not blind if you hit it to the right place off the tee. Then again that makes the tee shot blind lol

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back