News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mick

Golf around Paris
« on: August 21, 2007, 01:23:28 PM »
Ive been in Paris for the summer but unforuntately have had no time for golf. However, I may get this weekend off.  Can anyone reccommend a course near the city (preferably accessible by train but I can always rent a car)?  It does not have to be a world beater just so,ething nice.

John Mayhugh

Re:Golf around Paris
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 05:08:36 PM »
I've only played once in the Paris area and it's been several years.  The Albatross course at Golf National was pretty interesting, but will probably be fairly expensive.  It's the site of the French Open &  I think a Von Hagge design.  There is at least one other course at the facility that might be cheaper, but I don't know anything about that one.

As I remember, the course is fairly close to Versailles.  I don't know about train access.  I always had a car when I was in the area.

mike_beene

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 08:16:28 PM »
Think Eurostar and all the southeast England candidates.It is not that far.

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 12:00:59 PM »
Ive been in Paris for the summer but unforuntately have had no time for golf. However, I may get this weekend off.  Can anyone reccommend a course near the city (preferably accessible by train but I can always rent a car)?  It does not have to be a world beater just so,ething nice.
I believe Morfontaine and Fontainebleau are both supposed to be world class courses.  They were both designed by Tom Simpson and are both within 80km or so of Paris.

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 12:08:51 PM »
I believe Morfontaine and Fontainebleau are both supposed to be world class courses.  They were both designed by Tom Simpson and are both within 80km or so of Paris.

morfontaine is very private unfortunately so definitely go for fontainebleau which will need prior booking...

Philip Gawith

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 12:49:11 PM »
Try Chantilly - the Vineuil course in particular. They do take visitors, particularly in August when Parisians are at the sea. I think it is a Tom Simpson course - well worth playing. It is regarded as one of the best courses in France, alongside some of the others mentioned. It is quite close to Paris - a bit North.

Philip

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back