News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Doug Ralston

Re:Rees Jones' "Award Winning Courses"
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2007, 07:40:19 AM »
On and on you go about your detatchable jaw  ::).

So Rees is advertising a little aggressively on his website. Ayn Rand *puke* would be proud of his capitalistic impulses. Get over it! Do you think this is not recognizable for the site pandering it is?

Rees is on your shit list. We get it!

But he still has done some good things, and I have seen others here 'subtlely' inflate themselves, often with the device of false modesty  ;).

Doug

PS: Being a psychologist, I do remember the Myers-Briggs, though it is NOT useful as a generalization. Implications with over/under of +/- .04 just are not impressive.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2007, 08:00:14 AM »

Secondly, if the existing course was already in place and he added a few tees, how does the constitute him to adding/creating value to the course?  

Is this your understanding of the entire scope of the work he's done on every course ?

Could you list the courses where he JUST added a few tees ?
[/color]

And thirdly and most damaging in my book, is how will a future client who doesn't have a clue about golf course design history supposed to differentiate on what is really his work?

In reviewing Ree's list of clients, are there ANY who didn't have a clue about golf course design history ?

Can you think of and identify a potential client who wouldn't
have  clue about golf course design history, especially at their own club ?
[/color]

I very much would guess he has devious and/or misleading intentions by including every last course that he every touched.

You would "GUESS"
When you make damning accusations you'd better NOT guess, you'd better be certain, with proof positive at your disposal.  Can you support the above allegation with any facts ?
[/color]

Tom_Doak

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2007, 08:15:17 AM »
Mr. Sweeney:

Just for the record, I was at MIT for one year, and Cornell for three, and received my degree there.  Got along great with my professors, too, although it took a while to get them to understand why I was there. ;)  The year in Great Britain & Ireland was done afterward, courtesy of an endowed scholarship.

Also, believe it or not, I didn't have a beer until I was 25.  Chalk that one up to the INTJ profile.  

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2007, 08:43:19 AM »

Also, believe it or not, I didn't have a beer until I was 25.

Clearly you would not have gotten into Boston College after MIT Tom!

Jim Franklin

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2007, 08:59:12 AM »
Not to thread jack, but go to Dallas Athletic Club, "a Jack Nicklaus design", and there is no mention of the original architect anywhere. From the members I talked with, Jack only moved some bunkers and did not completely design a new course. Granted I did not play the original design where Jack won a PGA, but no mention of the original architect is BS in my book.
Mr Hurricane

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back