News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Peter_Herreid

I'll state up front that youtube image resolution is not the greatest, but FWIW...

My wife walked Pacific Dunes with me this past Saturday afternoon; as we ambled to the 13th tee, one of the rangers--excuse me--"on-course assistants" offered to lead her up to the top of a dune off to the high right of the 13th tee, a viewpoint most golfers don't get to experience.  From there one can see most of #4, #12, #3 and all of #13 and #15 (more or less), as well as a 360degree panorama of the vastness of the property. Quite breath-taking...

Bless her heart, while we were playing 13 and 14, she took a couple of short snippets of video, particularly aiming toward the site of Old MacDonald and the gorse fire zone, which the sharp-eyed amongst you can pick out in the videos.  

I have some stills of the area a bit closer up will I try to post in this thread later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsLJGRMa_JY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUwHPMFBCx8
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 08:24:48 PM by Peter_Herreid »

RJ_Daley

Re:Video Images of Pacific Dunes and fire zone
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 07:19:09 PM »
Well that was fun...  ;) ;D

Peter, maybe this whole U-Tube thing is going to be the best new aspect of GCA.com.  I have also been taking some digital video at various courses I've visited.  The video cameras are so small now, one can pack them in the bag.  It is better than stills in that you can zoom in on features, then pan back and get a sort of playing eye view of ball flights and LZs, etc.

I propose we get a seperate U-Tube button on the left, for the future when we are all going digital video in our golf course explorations.  ;) ;D 8)

Hi to Liz...  ;D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 07:19:55 PM by RJ_Daley »
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Peter_Herreid

Re:Video Images of Pacific Dunes and fire zone
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 08:22:19 PM »
Here is the still shot from "Liz's Lookout", as we are now calling it...

This is the view north and slightly east (essentially over the 15th tee) out toward the clearing and then the fire zone, and the ridge behind...

What minimalism ;) What understated gentle handling of the land ;D What sensitivity ;)  Can't you just imagine what it will be like in THREE years!

Closer up of some debris, the clearing and the edge of the burned zone behind...

Peeking out from the 15th fairway at PD, looking a bit northwest...

A lonely yellow flag in the distance...What could it signify?  What secrets does it hold?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back