News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Christensen

Long Shadow - Late August Update
« on: August 26, 2007, 07:50:16 PM »
had to pleasure to go out to Long Shadow today....fairways are really settling in (a lot more growth and less bumpy)....they cross tined the greens last week, but they are still pretty smooth

There were a few unique pins today I haven't seen.......back center on #2.....right over a ridge...very difficult to get close too

#13 was front right.....they put the Gold tee back where the back tee is...wind whipping from right to left...no way to get close from 175yds

#14 was all the way back....flew green and ended up in coffin bunker in back....yuck

With a little more rain, all will be perfect for Dixie first week of October!

Mike Sweeney

Re:Long Shadow - Late August Update
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 08:40:14 PM »

With a little more rain, all will be perfect for Dixie first week of October!

Speaking for The North, we do not care about rain, sun, sleet or architecture. We simply want to kick some Southern arse!

Tim Bert

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 09:38:19 PM »
We in the South are hoping for a continued 100 degree drought as that's what we've been playing in all summer long.  As much as I hate playing in this weather, the North would stand no chance.  Fortunately for all involved, it looks like the temps may break this weekend.

One way or another, the South will prevail!

ed_getka

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 12:16:46 AM »
2 months out and the smack-talking has already begun. Enjoy the build-up guys. :)
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Jamey Bryan

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 06:37:32 AM »
If the no-seeums come out, we'll have a HUGE advantage.  They don't have bugs like that in Yankeeland.

Hmmm..... come to think about it, last year was a runaway even with frost delays.....

I can't wait.

Jamey

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 09:24:31 AM »
If the no-seeums come out, we'll have a HUGE advantage.  They don't have bugs like that in Yankeeland.

Hmmm..... come to think about it, last year was a runaway even with frost delays.....

I can't wait.

Jamey

WRONG!

I recently learned the "Southern Secret" to keeping those dastardly bugs away...a dryer sheet under your cap!!!  One less "weapon" for the South...long live the North!  8)
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back