News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

Re:from Greenville to Aiken, SC
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2007, 11:51:11 PM »
Here's another tact:

Which of the following might be along / nearby to this route?

Reserve at Lake Keowee
Cliffs of Glassy
Cliffs Valley
Aiken Golf Club
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 11:51:54 PM by Tommy Williamsen »
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Paul Richards

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2007, 06:10:50 AM »
thanks, Tommy

"Something has to change, otherwise the never-ending arms race that benefits only a few manufacturers will continue to lead to longer courses, narrower fairways, smaller greens, more rough, more expensive rounds, and other mechanisms that will leave golf's future in doubt." -  TFOG

Jamey Bryan

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2007, 06:29:48 AM »
Paul

If you're taking the US25/SC19 route, add the Patriot Course (it's about halfway).

If you're going I-26/I-20, Woodcreek Farms in Columbia would be convenient.  Camden is about 30 miles out of the way.

Jamey

Paul Payne

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2007, 12:36:45 PM »
Paul,

Something else to think about. If you stay in aiken you are only about a 20 minute drive from Mt. Vintage. It is on the Carolina side of the river in East Augusta.

It does not have the charm of the two older courses but it is a very good modern course lots of rolling elevation change. It is almost like a poor mans ANGC (Okay, you have to squint your eyes a bit). I never can figure out why you never hear much news about it, even in the region.

I am not sure what your connections are but if you stay in Aiken stay at the Wilcox Inn. It is a GREAT small hotel. Usually the dining room is very good as well but I have not been there in two years so I don't know if they still have the same chef. It is a little spendy but they have a guest membership at the Palmetto so they can get you on almost any time. Makes the stay all the better.

Cheers.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back