News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

wsmorrison

Re:Southern Hills - Bring on Tiger!
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2007, 08:16:45 PM »
I would love to see Tiger Woods break Nicklaus's record at Merion in 2013.  It would be fitting that it happens at the US Open on that storied site.  

However, like our northernmost Wayne said, I think it'll happen sooner than that.

JohnV

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2007, 08:21:27 PM »
Wayne, I have to agree that it will happen sooner.

He can win any time at Augusta.  The next 3 US Opens are setup for him. Torrey, Bethpage and Pebble are all courses he's won at before and we all know how he repeats.  Add in St. Andrews in 2010 and he should easily be at 19 before 2013.

wsmorrison

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2007, 08:27:20 PM »
John,

Nothing that guy does on a golf course surprises me.  Well, I take that back...it surprised me how hard he swung that 3-wood on the 13th hole.  Why didn't he just hit a smooth driver?

Tom Paul called me at that point and said he had a feeling he wasn't going to do it this time.  Well Els and Austin made it a very interesting tournament but he remains undefeated with a 54-hole lead in majors and an astounding 31-3 or something like that in his professional career.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2007, 11:33:59 PM »
With that kind of weather/heat anything could happen.  I'd have to guess that they will have to water the hell out of the FWs and greens to keep them alive, so perhaps it might play a wee soft.  

Didn't Tiger come out with his "stinger" when they last played there?  Will the course reward a putter more than a bomber?  Yet ironically, it was a putting debacle on the last hole of regulation the last time...  Stricker is still putting streaky, but really good when he is on...

Jay, my pal Randy still cracks up regularly and tells guys around here about your quip that "you just don't have enough estrogen", when playing that near island hole at True Blue.   ;D  If I were you, I'd go "Bedouin" and wear light clothed white robes, with a kufiyya-cloth and 'agal-rope on my head, and nothing underneath for the breeze...   :o

Yeah, that was epic.  When she ran around screaming "birdie" after I missed an 18 incher, I was in the mumble tank for the rest of the day.  That being said, The Queen Bee can play.

I survived the all black...especially walking 36 holes at OKla City G&CC and Dornick...pix coming soon.  But I must say...even by my standards, it was hot...and today it was humid too.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back