News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John_Conley

Dean Creek Golf Club - GEORGIA
« on: August 26, 2002, 11:11:28 AM »
A separate discussion spread on another thread I started.  Please use this for any subsequent discussion on Dean Creek Golf Club, which comes highly recommended by new GCA member Phil Young, who has yet to play the course but likes what he's heard.

My thread "The BEST Course You've NEVER Heard Of" was started to give recognition to a very good golf course about 90 minutes East of Saint Paul called Eau Claire G&CC in Eau Claire, WI.  Please take the time to read my narrative and look at the six photos posted, with help from Will and Evan.  I'm also interested in hearing any comments about ECG&CC from people who have heard of it, people who have played it, and people who found the description interesting.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »

Robert Kimball

Re: Dean Creek Golf Club - GEORGIA
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2002, 12:28:32 PM »
John, Where is the course located?  A popular trend in the Atlanta area has been to develop new courses way north of town.  I would love to check it out sometime, if possible.   :D

Keith Williams

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2002, 12:44:22 PM »
Rob,

For background you might want to scan over the "best golf course you have never heard of" thread, it introduces dean creek.  Subsequent posts regarding dean creek should be made on this thread, though.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2002, 12:49:09 PM »
John, I see your point.  In fact, I went back on the ECG&CC thread and removed a couple of my posts responding to Dean Creek information since the whole thing appears spurious.  I am sorry if my post there offering third party information from guys I know who have been to ECG&CC and compared it to our course at Brown County was also not the kind of response you were looking for.  I did take the thread to be sort of an open invitation to consider your points and pictures about ECG&CC as a real hidden gem, and perhaps speak of other hidden gems, as there are certainly many golf courses that fall into that category.  I do think GCA readers appreciate the info on ECG&CC and others that are brought to light, and specially pictures... 8)

But, I am not too happy with myself for wasting time considering the veracity of Dean Creek.   :-[
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

John_Conley

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2002, 01:03:19 PM »
Dick:

You must have misunderstood something I wrote.

I was totally okay with anyone offering up a suggestion of a similar course.  A discussion as long as his could have just started on a new thread.  I'd love to see your course, as well as Bull's Eye and a few others in the Cheese state.

I like ECG&CC, but would understand if someone else didn't think it was that great.  That's the deal!  I haven't met someone who said that yet!  Which is why I think it is an interesting story.  

Other parts of the country likely have similar courses, but much of the Northeast has designs by Ross, Tillinghast, and others of more renown, so it isn't possible for them to remain as undiscovered for as long.

I still think a thread or "My Home Course" about your place is in order!

John_Conley

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2002, 01:04:41 PM »

John, I see your point.  In fact, I went back on the ECG&CC thread and removed a couple of my posts responding to Dean Creek information since the whole thing appears spurious.

You unfortunately wiped out some of the best back-and-forth on the Message Board!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back