News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adam Clayman

Re:How many cubic yards of earth were REALLY moved at Dismal River?
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2007, 09:32:11 AM »
I've just returned from my re-play of DR. The 13th is the most significant of the changes. Shortening the hole by some 30-50 yards and widening and softening the LZ past the left center fairway bunker.

Another change was the sofenting of quite a few greens. The only evidence being the lines created by the re-planted sod.

Fairway width remains the same, however, attempts have been made to cut down the native grasses adjacent to the fairways some 6-8 yards. This welcomed addition proved it's worth as I hit the shot o' day from one of these areas.

Major changes have taken place regarding the infrastructure of the clubhouse and cabin buildings. The new head pro, Rob Brown was delightful to listen to as he gave his tour of all the amenities. (yes, same R.B. at SE in P.S.)

The fourth hole supposedly had 18 inches of it's top soil removed up nearer the green and the windmill. Allegedy, the cows had spent so much time in this area the soil mix was a little rich.

It would appear that most of the constructive criticisms have been heeded and will continue to be heeded with continued softening of the more severe features.

Also, Green speeds seemed more reasonable than on my initial visit.

If anyone has any questions please be patient as I'm still on the Prairie Dog Tour and have limited access to WiFi.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Scott Szabo

Re:How many cubic yards of earth were REALLY moved at Dismal River?
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2007, 12:59:09 PM »
Adam,

Thanks for the recent information.  I am heading that way sometime in August and am looking forward to it immensely.

I spoke with management earlier this summer and they indicated numerous changes to the course, most notably #13 as you have mentioned.  Did you notice anything else of signifigance?

The Prairie Dog Tour, eh?  Must be quite fun!
"So your man hit it into a fairway bunker, hit the wrong side of the green, and couldn't hit a hybrid off a sidehill lie to take advantage of his length? We apologize for testing him so thoroughly." - Tom Doak, 6/29/10

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back