News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brad Swanson

Fall maintenance schedule for East Coast Golf
« on: August 29, 2002, 07:56:56 PM »
I'm heading to the D.C. area in early September for a meeting and tagging on a few days to visit with the in-laws, and of course I'm bringing my sticks with me.  My father-in-law and I will be playing the P.B. Dye G.C. (his choice) and Beechtree G.C. (my choice) and maybe a round at Little Bennet.  Anyway, I'm a bit worried that early September might be around the time these courses punch and top-dress their greens.  Do any of you right-coasters know when courses around D.C. typically aerate their greens for the fall?  I'm really looking forward to playing Beechtree and am hoping the experience won't be diminished by bumpy/sandy greens.

Thanks,
Brad Swanson
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »

Mike_Cirba

Re: Fall maintenance schedule for East Coast Golf
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2002, 05:39:02 AM »
Brad,

I don't know the answer to your aerification question as regards exact dates, but I wanted to pass on that your dad's choice of PB Dye Golf Club is a good one.  

It's a bit over the top in spots, but overall it's a good, fun, different golf course that I think you'll enjoy.  Beechtree is a spot on choice, as well.  

Rick_Noyes

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2002, 05:44:33 AM »
You may be hitting it right at top-dressing time.  Courses here, Pinehurst, usually start around mid-Sept.  But I've heard some talk about delays due to the drought (although some areas here are now in flood conditions!).  The pro shop could (should) have told you when you booked the tee time.  I would suggest calling the course.  They should tell you.

Rob_Waldron

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2002, 06:57:38 AM »
Brad

Many courses in the DC / Balt area punch their greens right after Labor Day so you may want to call the courses ahead of time to find out about their condition. I played Beechtree last Friday 8/23. They had punched the greens two weeks prior and were in very good condition. They punched early in an effort ot accomodate the Middle Atlantic Golf Assn. Mid-Am FourBall which was played on Monday.

Other courses to consider include:

Mountain Branch in Joppa (15 minutes south of Beechtree)
Whiskey Creek in Urbana
Musket Ridge in Myersville (just north of Frederick)
Worthington Manor in Urbana

Enjoy! ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back