News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

RJ_Daley

Re:GCA's Land of Enchantment Get Together - Update
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2003, 10:16:12 AM »
I'm still looking for anyone to split the cost of the car rental and room for any portion of those days.  I have my travel schedule posted above.  Arrival Tues 16th with enough time to drive out to Texas Tech, I leave We 24th so I got plenty of time.  If I don't find anyone to go to Texas Tech and possibly Don's, I may do that anyway and catch up to the group for the officially scheduled things at BM,PKR,PH thru Monday.  It seems silly to not at least split the car costs among 2 or 3 of us on the official event days if we all play the same courses and stay at the Radd...
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

THuckaby2

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2003, 10:24:00 AM »
Dick:

Man I would love nothing more than to do that entire thing with you, my friend.  It sounds fun beyond belief.  But sadly, if I am going to pull this off at all, it has to be a fly-in late Fri, fly home Sunday.  On top of the marital pressures that is an insanely busy work time for me.

Oh well....

I would encourage any and all who are making more of a trip on this to hook up with the eloquent, intelligent, just plan FUN Mr. Daley.  You will not regret it!

TH

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2003, 10:32:31 AM »
Tom,

The worst ball suggestion was a joke.   ;D

Cheers
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

THuckaby2

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2003, 10:33:47 AM »
Mike:

I thought so, but then again I HAVE played that format, so I just wasn't sure.....

God damn I have to make this happen.  Pray for me.  I've been a very good boy since my Scotland trip, but this is really pushing things...  ;)

TH

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2003, 10:49:22 AM »
Worst ball is a blast.  Might even be a good test of the course, architecturally speaking.

THuckaby2

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2003, 10:51:26 AM »
Mike:

It would be a fine test for sure.

I'm just not sure we'd have enough light in the day to get the 18 done!

TH

Bill_McBride

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2003, 05:45:18 PM »
Especially because it would be the day's SECOND 18, right?  8)

THuckaby2

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2003, 05:50:44 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Here's hoping we'd be proficient enough to get the morning round in before sunset in this format, Bill.  Afternoon round?  Fuhgedaboudit!

TH

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2003, 09:44:04 PM »
Dick- I got your six. If there be no takers for your offer I will be delighted to make the ride with you. We can take my ride or pick-up a rental, and then you can have it for the ride to and from ABQ towards Farmington.

Has anyone talked to TT to set anything up?

Don- WE"RE COMING. Wednesday the 17th. Any directions would be appreciated.

Don_Mahaffey

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2003, 09:48:17 PM »
Adam,
Just head east and follow the feedlot smell, turn south at the 13th grain elevator ;D

(My course is at the juntion of the 60 and the 87 10 miles south of Amarillo.) I'll give more exact info when I know if your coming or going to Lubbock. I can't wait to play the Tech course. I think it will rocket up the charts once it gets some exposure. Nothing like it in these here parts.

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2003, 01:50:20 AM »
Don- I know Dick Daley and I can state with 99.9% certainty that we will be there. Whether we are coming together or not, I planned on being there that day, and then up to Lubbock to meet the Nebraska boys. Will you be joining us for TT? Black Mesa? Highly recommend it.

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2003, 09:59:14 AM »
Adam,
I have contacted TTU and they are anticipating our small group.  I however am tenatively planning on playing TTU (17th pm & 18th am) then Don's course (18th pm).  I'm planning on flying into lubbock.  Then head out on 40 west to ABQ.
Mike

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2003, 10:22:31 AM »
Does anyone have an opinion of Las Campanos? I was curious about why it is not amoung the courses we are talking of playing. John
« Last Edit: August 18, 2003, 04:18:31 PM by Tiger_Bernhardt »

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2003, 11:10:11 AM »
John,
The trips theme has been great inexpensive golf in the public domain.  

Paa-Ko, Pinon and now Black Mesa make up 3 of the finest examples you'll find anywhere.
We've got 4 rounds for under $150.

Las Campanas has 2 private courses.  I wouldn't be surprised if a few play there on friday.

Are you thinking about coming prior to sunday?

Mike

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2003, 12:09:31 PM »
Mike yes and no. I am trapped in a land which a teenager has infuence over my life. It is the year of college trips. It is hard to get her to make a decision on anything much less a month plus out. It is also football season and LSU plays Georgia that saturday. So I check planes weekly and hope to be there. I also have a gf in Orlando who foolishly thinks being critical of my golf trips will improve the probabilities of marriage. I need to break the news to her on this one at the right moment, whenever that is. I am very close to buying a ticket and just coming and playing sat morning so one can watch the Tigers dust off the dogs that afternoon.

THuckaby2

« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2003, 03:41:19 PM »
"I also have a gf in Orlando who foolishly thinks being critical of my golf trips will improve the probabilities of marriage."

JB, isn't it funny how many women think this way?  Maybe funny isn't the right word.

Mike - I am damn close to be a re-confirmed yes for this.  My interesting-thinking, most of the time saintly and understanding wife has been prepped and is leaning toward acceptance.  I shall likely have a final answer tomorrow.

I'm also close to bringing along a friend... a man who played in the last King's Putter, partnering with me for a fine win over Moriarty/McBride in foursomes with old clubs... The man in question is Kevin Fredrickson - decent player, has defeated me once or twice but never when it actually counted.

He's a lurker here who refuses to post.  If that doesn't get him to do so, nothing will.   ;)

SCU grad as well.  He'll help set Shivas straight as to what consitutes a real sports upset.

TH

Don_Mahaffey

« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2003, 04:14:08 PM »
Tom,
Some things are to painful to talk about. Thus, once you head east and leave CA, please leave all talk about a certain 15th seed upset over a 2nd seed behind >:(

THuckaby2

« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2003, 04:35:52 PM »
Don:

I am nothing if not gracious with the vanquished.  I also have a very good sense that our one win can be rebutted by MANY MANY great deeds done by said vanquished, among the least of which being the royal ass-kicking said vanquished Cats gave us about 8 months later.  ;)

TH

Steve Lang

« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2003, 05:21:00 PM »
 ::)

Mike, et. al.

Ms. Sheila & I are booked on flights into ABQ on Thursday AM and out on Monday AM.. so count us in through Sunday PM.  Since we both haven't been to NM in 25 yrs or so, we may go for Pinon on Thurs PM..

Adam, how late does it stay light out over there?

So, looking for game Thurs/Friday, at U of NM, Twin Warriors, Santa Ana, or Los Campanos..???  

Regards,

p.s. Mike, do you have time for 18 this thurs or Fri? Sheila's playing Thurs & Fri.. so I'm free.. To the Woodlands or elsewhere?

p.s. Tiger_B, Did you ever pay off that UT/LSU bet with Hod?

« Last Edit: August 19, 2003, 08:50:14 AM by Steve Lang »
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2003, 10:43:17 PM »
Steve- I just got off the course at 8:25. In a month I would suspect 7:30 will be the absolute latest. Also, the new 550 is a marvelous shot, straight up into the Farmington area. From Bernallio it's 2 1/2 hrs.

I've been thinking about this since Mike re-inforced the notion for modest daily fees as the theme for this little gathering. Marty Sanchez GC may be the friday round for those that want to keep the low cost in check.

THuckaby2

« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2003, 01:49:00 PM »
OK, I am officially IN for this.  The wife was remarkably understanding.  In fact, she was so understanding that I am suspicious.. why does she want me out of the house that weekend...  ;)

In any case, Mike N. - check your IM. BS logistical questions there that need not be posted here.

TH

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2003, 02:57:28 PM »
Steve, I am able to say no, I have not paid my Tiger debt to horns in general and one in particular. Is a favorite pro from Texas coming to New Mexico for the 20th.

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2003, 03:06:18 PM »
Friday, seems to be up in the air for golf, with everyone choosing between the local fare of; UNM- South, Twin Warriors, Santa ana, Marty Sanchez and Cochitti Lakes. Regardless of where everyone plays do you think we could try to set-up some sort of informal gathering Friday evening? Perhaps at a spot that has highly recommended top-shelf Margaritas?

Thoughts?

THuckaby2

« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2003, 03:09:01 PM »
Wherever you gather on that Fri night, I expect at least several diehards to still be there debating the merits of the redan when I arrive, at app. 1am.  Early Sat morning, that is.

Sleep is highly over-rated.

;D

TH

Matt_Ward

« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2003, 03:10:50 PM »
Gentlemen:

For what it's worth -- skip Cochiti. The layout is OK but it overdoses on the off-course scenery IMHO. Far from the level of Black Mesa, Paa-Ko and Twin Warriors.

Marty Sanchez isn't bad but it's often overcrowded with players.

If you need a back-up it might be wise for a few people to consider a round at Las Campanas or even Isleta.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back