News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom Huckaby

Green Tree Golf Club - Vacaville, CA
« on: June 24, 2007, 10:17:09 AM »
Does anyone know anything about this course? I'm playing in team match there next Saturday.  I recall seeing it from I-80... but have never played it and know nothing about it.  Any and all info would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Mike Benham

Re:Green Tree Golf Club - Vacaville, CA
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 12:09:15 PM »
I don't believe the course is visable from I80, unless you have x-ray vision and can see through the auto dealerships ...

You don't need to practice your bunker play ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 12:33:57 PM »
Must be thinking of a different course.  I recall one that I thought was in or near Vacaville that you could see off in the distance.  Oh well.

Just looked at the aerial... I see what you mean on all accounts.

TH
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 12:39:00 PM by Tom Huckaby »

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 12:33:58 PM »
Tom,
 Started thinking immediately you had the town in error, as Victorville Muni is also known as Green Tree INN Golf Course.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 12:34:52 PM »
Tommy - I too found the one in Victorville in my searches.  This course is most definitely Green Tree and most definitely in Vacaville.

TH

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 12:58:18 PM »
Forrest Richardson is doing some work at the Victorville course, which features some of the smoothest, fastest greens in all of California.

I know, hard to believe, but the greens here used to be maintained perfect.

Stan Dodd

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 08:01:36 PM »
Tom,
I have played it anumber of times in Team Play. It is standard through the houses design.  Thee are a couple of ponds and drainage ditches that run through it forcing lay-ups (for me) on a couple of holes. Greens have some slope and were smooth but not real fast.
It is ok but entirely forgettable.
When you speak of Green Tree in Victorville, which I have played,  I would not be surprised if both golf and housing developments were done by the same folks.  The are very much the same.
Stan

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 10:36:39 PM »
Stan, That fact is interesting. Is it a BB Jr. course?

Like I said originally, Forrest I think has completed a master plan for the facility, and it would be great to see it rejvenated some. It's a pretty good course and the green are usually immaculate, even if the fairways are a but rough.

Did you experience the same?

Forrest Richardson

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 12:12:43 AM »
All we did there was to visit and give the City some priorities. Three years ago. I did hear that they were replacing the irrigation system, which is sad considering the place needed a load of Wm F. Bell bunkers re-built — not to mention a host of other things. The City has a golf director who make decisions on his own and dose not seem to fancy golf course architectural input.
— Forrest Richardson, Golf Course Architect/ASGCA
    www.golfgroupltd.com
    www.golframes.com

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 09:56:17 AM »
Stan - thanks.  I guess there's no special preparation required, nor should I expect anything great course-wise.  This will be all about the match.  And I am on a losing streak in these things... time to turn that around.

Stan Dodd

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 12:28:28 PM »
Tommy,
I love the greens at Green Tree.  They are always in good shape.
Forrest,
I have played with the golf director a few times...he knows how to take care of grass.
Tom, Just know where the ditches run.  # 9 is a par 5 scout the approach shotbefore laying up it is tricky, most everything else is right in front of you.
Play good.
Stan

Tim Leahy

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 12:56:13 PM »
Course is always windy. Very flat, par 5's all reachable. Long time member told me the greens all break towards the old Nut Tree Restaurant-Northwest of the course.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 12:59:55 PM »
Aha!  Mucho valuable information.  Thanks, gents.

TH

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back