News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

George Pazin

Re:Tripp Davis
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2007, 09:21:01 AM »
Is this the same Tripp Davis that will be playing  in the Northeast Amateur next week?

He's a top notch amateur competitor, so it is likely him.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Lester George

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2007, 10:52:16 AM »
Tripp Davis is the right personality and character to be be a great architect.  I spent four days with him in Atlanta at the ASGCA Conference (the first four both of us) and thouroughly enjoyed getting to know him.  We played a a match at East Lake together against Jeff Brauer and Brit Stenson.  His game is excellent (+4 if I remember) and we had fun whipping up on Brauer. (no thanks to my play) I think he will accomplish greatness because he is driven and dedicated to the profession.  

Lester

Jason Blasberg

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2007, 01:43:12 PM »
Trip
What was your thought here? Is this your idea of Strong's original intent having multiple bunkers set amoung irregular hillocks?

Emmet made some minor changes to the eighteenth and sixteenth greens in 1921.

Does the hole still look like this today?

John:

Unfortunately the bunkering is all still there but that will change.  Certainly the added bunkering framing the fairway will be removed at some point and hopefully the added fronting bunker will be taken out as well.

As for the postive 75% of the trees behind the green are gone and it is once again a skyline approach.  Absolutely 1000% improvement on a great short 4 par.

I"ll try to get a photo to post this weekend.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back